Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

To create a dev environment from an existing runtime application

Thushar

Hi All,

Dialect/Version:VSE 3.1.1

The .sll file deployed with the application contains the complied code as well as the source code .

A) Can anybody suggest how feasible is to depend on this source code which is retrieved from the .sll file of the application.?

B) Will this source code be in sync with the application code so that I can create a dev environment using this?

C) Will this file contain all the code related to GUI ?

*D) Is there anyway to retrieve the source code alone from the .sll file and filein to an image as we similarly do with .st files(Filein/Fileout) rather than doing it manually.?

E)When i went through the source code in the .sll file i came to know that the methods are not categorized based on their classes or packages in the file. So even if we plan to manually retreive the source code from the file,if two methods of differenct class have the same method name then it is difficult to distinguish which method comes under the corresponding class. Please suggest.

Your help is very much appreciated .Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

Thushar.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AW: To create a dev environment from an existing runtime application

Nowak, Helge
Dear Thushar,

since your question concerns VSE the VSE mailing list is a better choice for you to post: http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=VSWE-L&H=LISTSERV.DFN.DE

A technical hint: your SLL may or may not contain the complete application. Probably most of the code is in the image.

HTH
Helge
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thushar [mailto:[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. März 2007 05:24
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: To create a dev environment from an existing runtime application

Hi All,

Dialect/Version:VSE 3.1.1

The .sll file deployed with the application contains the complied code as well as the source code .

A) Can anybody suggest how feasible is to depend on this source code which is retrieved from the .sll file of the application.?

B) Will this source code be in sync with the application code so that I can create a dev environment using this?

C) Will this file contain all the code related to GUI ?

*D) Is there anyway to retrieve the source code alone from the .sll file and filein to an image as we similarly do with .st files(Filein/Fileout) rather than doing it manually.?

E)When i went through the source code in the .sll file i came to know that the methods are not categorized based on their classes or packages in the file. So even if we plan to manually retreive the source code from the file,if two methods of differenct class have the same method name then it is difficult to distinguish which method comes under the corresponding class. Please suggest.

Your help is very much appreciated .Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

Thushar.