Tode shell and workspace error

GLASS mailing list
Ciao,

i have a 3.3.6  gemstone environment based on GsDevKit_home ( master  fb20421 )

Now in tode shell i do the command: eval 1+1
the system answer the error:

 a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a String does not understand #'_compileInContext:symbolList:oldLitVars:environmentId:'

Other command ( project list ....... )  works fine.

The same error is erase into workspace:  1+1 print it

erase the error:

a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a String does not understand #'_compileInContext:symbolList:oldLitVars:environmentId:'
--------------------
1. MessageNotUnderstood>>defaultAction @3 line 3
2. MessageNotUnderstood(AbstractException)>>_signalWith: @6 line 25
3. MessageNotUnderstood(AbstractException)>>signal @2 line 47
4. String(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: @10 line 10
5. String(Object)>>_doesNotUnderstand:args:envId:reason: @7 line 12
6. String(CharacterCollection)>>evaluateIn:symbolList:literalVars: @3 line 9
7. TDWorkspaceClientElementBuilder(TDClientSourceElementBuilder)>>evaluateString: @5 line 3
8. TDWorkspaceClientElementBuilder(TDClientSourceElementBuilder)>>printItMenuAction:selectedText: @3 line 3
9. TDWorkspaceClientElementBuilder(Object)>>perform:with:with: @1 line 1
10. TDWorkspaceClientElementBuilder(TDWindowBuilder)>>handleMenuActions:listElement:actionArg: @13 line 10
11. [] in TDWorkspaceClientElementBuilder(TDClientSourceElementBuilder)>>menuActionBlock @10 line 8
12. TDWorkspaceClientElementBuilder(ExecBlock)>>valueWithArguments: @1 line 1
13. TDWorkspaceClientElementBuilder(ExecBlock)>>value:value:value:value:value: @2 line 11
14. GsNMethod class>>_gsReturnToC @1 line 1

Considerations ?

Thanks,

Dario

Re: Tode shell and workspace error

GLASS mailing list

Dario,

It looks like you've run into another tODE bug ... I am very glad that you are reporting them ...

I am going to ask you to be patient with me for another week or so ... I am up against a project deadline and do not have a lot of spare time to take care of tODE bugs ... I am late in getting back to you on the other issue for the same reason ... and I think I have about 20 outstanding unread messages to deal with on this list as well ... I've been heads down on this project for several months now :)

When I have a free moment I will take some time to look up the method that should be being used ... it is possible that this bug is already fixed on the tODE dev branch (there are several hundred commits queued up on the dev branch), but I don't have the time this week to go through the release cycle for such a large number of changes ...

I apologize,

Dale

erase the error:

[...]

The missing method should be addressed by my pull request for tODE that I made yesterday[1]. Doing a `project pull Tode; project load Tode` in the tODE shell, will pull the most recent commit to your local repository ($GS_HOME/shared/repos/tode) and the load will update the code in your stone. If you are using more than one stone, you will need to do the `project load Tode` in each stone....

I've finally hit the project deadline ... took longer than I had hoped, so I will be able to start working my way through the backlog of issues ...

Thanks for your patience,

Dal

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/pull/291