Tonel difficulty

NorbertHartl
I’ve created a new repository and chose to use tonel for its file format. But as in my previous attempts I cannot make it work.

I test my repo with travis for pharo 6.1 and pharo 7. Using

SmalltalkCISpec {
      SCIMetacelloLoadSpec {
          #baseline : 'ArangoDB',
          #directory : 'source',
          #load : [ 'Tests' ],
          #platforms : [ #pharo ]
      }
  ]
}

it succeeds in pharo7 and fails in pharo 6.1. I think this is because 6.1 cannot handle tonel. But using

SmalltalkCISpec {
      SCIMetacelloLoadSpec {
          #baseline : 'ArangoDB',
          #directory : 'source',
          #load : [ 'Tests' ],
          #useLatestMetacello: true,
          #platforms : [ #pharo ]
      }
  ]
}

makes it fail in pharo 7 as well.

Loaded -> BaselineOfMetacello-CompatibleUserName.1526690791 --- <a href="https://github.com/Metacello/metacello.git[master" class="">https://github.com/Metacello/metacello.git[master] --- <a href="https://github.com/Metacello/metacello.git[master" class="">https://github.com/Metacello/metacello.git[master]
Loading baseline of BaselineOfMetacello...MetacelloNameNotDefinedError: project group, or package named: 'FileTree' not found when used in requires: or includes: field of package: 'Metacello-FileTree' for version: baseline of BaselineOfMetacello.
[ MetacelloNameNotDefinedError
signal:
'project group, or package named: ' , specName printString
, ' not found when used in requires: or includes: field of package: '
, self name printString , ' for version: '
, aVersionSpec versionString , ' of ' , aVersionSpec projectLabel
, '.'.
nil "return nil if resumed" ] in [ :specName |
Any ideas?

Norbert

Re: Tonel difficulty

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 7 Oct 2018, at 15:27, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I test my repo with travis for pharo 6.1 and pharo 7. Using
>
> SmalltalkCISpec {
>       SCIMetacelloLoadSpec {
>           #baseline : 'ArangoDB',
>           #directory : 'source',
>           #load : [ 'Tests' ],
>           #platforms : [ #pharo ]
>       }
>   ]
> }
>
> it succeeds in pharo7 and fails in pharo 6.1. I think this is because 6.1 cannot handle tonel.

Hmm, all the repos that I mentioned in my previous email all use Tonel and run successfully in Travis CI for 7.0 and 6.1.

I have no idea why you have problems, but you can try checking out any of mine.

(I did have the same problem with the #useLatestMetacello: true option).

Sven

Re: Tonel difficulty

CyrilFerlicot

On dim. 7 oct. 2018 at 15:28, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve created a new repository and chose to use tonel for its file format. But as in my previous attempts I cannot make it work.

I test my repo with travis for pharo 6.1 and pharo 7. Using

SmalltalkCISpec {
      SCIMetacelloLoadSpec {
          #baseline : 'ArangoDB',
          #directory : 'source',
          #load : [ 'Tests' ],
          #platforms : [ #pharo ]
      }
  ]
}

Hi,

Can you describe the problem you get with this one please?

Loaded -> BaselineOfMetacello-CompatibleUserName.1526690791 --- https://github.com/Metacello/metacello.git[master] --- https://github.com/Metacello/metacello.git[master]

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Tonel difficulty

EstebanLM
Until yesterday, smalltalkCI was failing with Pharo 6.1 and Tonel because Tonel version present on 6.1 was too old and not adapted to latest Metacello.

I made a backport yesterday (to Tonel 1.0.9) so *now* it should work (always with latest metacello). Can you verify that?

Cheers,
Esteban

[...]

https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Tonel difficulty

NorbertHartl

Am 07.10.2018 um 15:59 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:

Until yesterday, smalltalkCI was failing with Pharo 6.1 and Tonel because Tonel version present on 6.1 was too old and not adapted to latest Metacello.

I made a backport yesterday (to Tonel 1.0.9) so *now* it should work (always with latest metacello). Can you verify that?

That’s what I did. I did all of this just an hour ago.

Norbert

Am 07.10.2018 um 15:49 schrieb Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]>:

On dim. 7 oct. 2018 at 15:28, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve created a new repository and chose to use tonel for its file format. But as in my previous attempts I cannot make it work.

I test my repo with travis for pharo 6.1 and pharo 7. Using

SmalltalkCISpec {
      SCIMetacelloLoadSpec {
          #baseline : 'ArangoDB',
          #directory : 'source',
          #load : [ 'Tests' ],
          #platforms : [ #pharo ]
      }
  ]
}

Hi,

Can you describe the problem you get with this one please?

Evaluated -> baseline [BaselineOfMetacello] >> reprimeRegistryIssue197
...finished baseline
...RETRY->BaselineOfArangoDB
...RETRY->BaselineOfArangoDB
...FAILED->BaselineOfArangoDBCould not resolve: BaselineOfArangoDB [BaselineOfArangoDB] in /home/travis/smalltalkCI-master/_builds/pharo-local/package-cache <a href="filetree:///home/travis/build/zweidenker/ArangoDB/source" class="">filetree:///home/travis/build/zweidenker/ArangoDB/source
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences:gofer:
Norbert

https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Tonel difficulty

NorbertHartl

> Am 07.10.2018 um 15:47 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:
>

>> On 7 Oct 2018, at 15:27, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I test my repo with travis for pharo 6.1 and pharo 7. Using
>>
>> SmalltalkCISpec {
>>      SCIMetacelloLoadSpec {
>>          #baseline : 'ArangoDB',
>>          #directory : 'source',
>>          #load : [ 'Tests' ],
>>          #platforms : [ #pharo ]
>>      }
>>  ]
>> }
>>
>> it succeeds in pharo7 and fails in pharo 6.1. I think this is because 6.1 cannot handle tonel.
>
> Hmm, all the repos that I mentioned in my previous email all use Tonel and run successfully in Travis CI for 7.0 and 6.1.
>
> I have no idea why you have problems, but you can try checking out any of mine.

My problem was that I had Pharo-6.0 in the travis file which indeed does not work.

> (I did have the same problem with the #useLatestMetacello: true option).

Same here. Looks from far it could be a platform attributes hickup

Norbert