Tools used by GST Iliad developers?

tfleig
I have always done Smalltalk development in the GUI environments provided by products like VW, VAST, Squeak, and Pharo.

I read that Iliad development is done in GST and so I'm wondering what toolset the Iliad developers use with GST. Emacs with smalltalk-mode?

TF

Re: Tools used by GST Iliad developers?

ZuLuuuuuu
tfleig wrote
I have always done Smalltalk development in the GUI environments provided by products like VW, VAST, Squeak, and Pharo.

I read that Iliad development is done in GST and so I'm wondering what toolset the Iliad developers use with GST. Emacs with smalltalk-mode?

TF
I guess Paolo and other core developers use Emacs or Vim. I'm using Geany since I'm not that hardcore :) No syntax highlighting for it is available unfortunately. I guess Kate has syntax highlighting for GST.

But I'm looking forward to use VisualGST. It is actually quite usable even now but there were a few errors last time I tried. You can try it.

There were a few topics about how to implement Iliad (or any other kind of) applications on GST:

http://forum.world.st/What-strategy-to-use-when-developing-applications-with-GST-td2329903.html
http://forum.world.st/Starting-Iliad-without-gst-remote-td2328575.html

For the special case of Iliad development (using a text editor) I wrote a small program to make it more easy the steps involved in the first link I gave:

http://forum.world.st/Iliad-Application-Launcher-td2399303.html
Canol Gökel