Totally Objects News Server downtime

Long Haired David
I am sorry to say that we have suffered two denial of service attacks
on our server in the last two weeks, both of which resulted in a
couple of days down time.

Please accept our apologies for the lack of service. We hope that our
ISP has resolved this problem now. The result of the DOS was the ISP's
3 T1 lines were at full capacity. Obviously this had to be resolved
and required that our server be taken off line whilst it was sorted.

We are back on line now (as you can see).

Regards

GO SMALLTALK

David Pennington - [hidden email]

http://www.totallyobjects.com - THE Smalltalk resource

Totally Objects is an IBM Object Connection member

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Totally Objects News Server downtime

peter_douglass
I just wanted to thank the folks at totalyobjects for the service they
have been providing.  It is appreciated.
--PeterD

Re: Totally Objects News Server downtime

Long Haired David
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, our server went down again (our ISP is
still struggling to get the band width usage down to normal).

Ho hum!!

I will keep you in touch

Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Totally Objects News Server downtime

Long Haired David
Fingers crossed - we are back up again. Hopefully, it is sorted this
time.

Regards

David