Tr: We want to help, what can we do ?

julien leclercq
Hi everybody we're two it students and we would like to contribute to Seaside for a school project.
We're a bit newbies in Smalltalk but we're motivated and learning fast.
Would any of you have an idea on what can we do to help the community ?

Julien and JF

Re: Tr: We want to help, what can we do ?

Paul DeBruicker
The bug tracker is here:
https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/list

In it there are bugs marked BiteSize to indicate that they are potentially easier to fix than others.  Maybe look through the list of those

https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/list?q=label:BiteSize

 (or the full list) and see if there are any that look interesting to work on then ask back on the list any questions you may have about the bug(s) you want to attempt to fix.

Re: Tr: We want to help, what can we do ?

Paul DeBruicker
If that doesn't sound like fun you could write up any aha! moments or frustrating moments you experience while learning Seaside and share them in a blog or on the list.

What are things that are interesting to the two of you?

julien leclercq wrote
Hi everybody we're two it students and we would like to contribute to Seaside for a school project.
We're a bit newbies in Smalltalk but we're motivated and learning fast.

Would any of you have an idea on what can we do to help the community ?

Julien and JF

R: [Seaside] Tr: We want to help, what can we do ?

Lorenzo

Hi Julien,

I am an Operating Reasearch professional and I use ST since 1982.

I have developed in VSE (Visual Smalltalk Enterprise), a 95% compatible Smalltalk-Pharo environment, the simplex algorithm for solving linear programming problems (with shadow prices and full stuff for a professional usage of the algorithm).

The program is now working at 99% but it must be revisited and create use cases; the most complex part will be the GUI, that is not compatible Pharo-VSE.

If you are interested, I will be glad to give you the full stuff for a porting to Pharo.

Lorenzo

Re: Tr: We want to help, what can we do ?

Josef Springer
Hello guys,

there is a ST-Application, called OfficeTalk, currenly developed with VisualWorks. Officealk is a Business-Process-Management system.
OfficeTalk should be moved to Pharao and migrated as Webapplication. This may be a good project for you. If you are interested, contact me (see footer).

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Josef Springer
(Geschäftsleitung/Management)

Postal