Traits tutorial/example

jfabry
Hi all,

is there a traits tutorial or some example material that I can peruse to get started?

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: Traits tutorial/example

Alexandre Bergel-4
I do not think there is a tutorial on traits for Pharo users.
In O2, I wrote some commands that allow you to easily create and move
methods from a class to a trait. This is particularly handy when you
want to refactor your application.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 16 Apr 2010, at 16:56, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is there a traits tutorial or some example material that I can
> peruse to get started?
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Traits tutorial/example

Hi johan

Not really. I have to write one.
Johan please have a look at the esug presentation I did at ESUG last year.

I took 1 hour and wrote a first cut
        http://book.pharo-project.org/book/Traits/

Let me know what you want to know.
I will continue to work on it to produce a real chapter for the next book but I will do that incrementally.

> Hi all,
>
> is there a traits tutorial or some example material that I can peruse to get started?
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Traits tutorial/example

jfabry
Thanks Stef!

With the book chapter I can get started (I knew about traits and composition possibilities before). I filled in the form on the bottom of the page with some comments, I hope they are helpful. Tell me when you want me to proof-read again.

On 17 Apr 2010, at 14:47, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi johan
>
> Not really. I have to write one.
> Johan please have a look at the esug presentation I did at ESUG last year.
>
> I took 1 hour and wrote a first cut
> http://book.pharo-project.org/book/Traits/
>
> Let me know what you want to know.
> I will continue to work on it to produce a real chapter for the next book but I will do that incrementally.
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> is there a traits tutorial or some example material that I can peruse to get started?
>>
>> --
>> Johan Fabry
>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Traits tutorial/example

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent
Yes I want your comments and questions.