Trapped

Herby Vojčík
Hello!

For those interested and having spare time, I started a project of UI
components for Amber inspired by AngularJS two-way data-binding; those
it is different and more Amber/Seaside compatible.

It is still in early stage, but maybe it already approached the minimum
viable product stage - it has primitive one-way binding already working;
on top of plain Amber widgets for view part and wrapping plain objects
for a view model.

If you want to make a few experiments, you can find it in
https://github.com/herby/trapped.

Herby

Re: Trapped

Nicolas Petton

Cool. Thanks Herby for sharing!

Nico

Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello!
>
> For those interested and having spare time, I started a project of UI
> components for Amber inspired by AngularJS two-way data-binding; those
> it is different and more Amber/Seaside compatible.
>
> It is still in early stage, but maybe it already approached the minimum
> viable product stage - it has primitive one-way binding already working;
> on top of plain Amber widgets for view part and wrapping plain objects
> for a view model.
>
> If you want to make a few experiments, you can find it in
> https://github.com/herby/trapped.
>
> Herby

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Trapped

xekoukou
If I understand correctly, Seaside works in a way that doesnt fit well with Amber. You had a canvas with which you painted a component blueprint. When the browser asked for this component .it was rendered and sent to the browser by the server. We thus went from one static page to another. The changes were a discrete function in time. With Amber, the changes can be continuous. The page is alive.

That is why, I think, 2-way bindings are the natural thing to use when using Amber.

2013/1/25 Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>

Cool. Thanks Herby for sharing!

Nico

Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello!
>
> For those interested and having spare time, I started a project of UI
> components for Amber inspired by AngularJS two-way data-binding; those
> it is different and more Amber/Seaside compatible.
>
> It is still in early stage, but maybe it already approached the minimum
> viable product stage - it has primitive one-way binding already working;
> on top of plain Amber widgets for view part and wrapping plain objects
> for a view model.
>
> If you want to make a few experiments, you can find it in
> https://github.com/herby/trapped.
>
> Herby

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr