Traveling to PharoDays

Udo Schneider
All,

what's the best international Airport to reach Lille? I'm currently
thinking of flying to Brussels and take a train from there? Any other
recommendations?

CU,

Udo

Re: Traveling to PharoDays

Clément Béra
There's a direct train from Paris CDG airport to Lille. It's usually more complex to go from brussels airport to Lille.

There's an airport in Lille but there's very few flights from there (only to Marseilles and Porto AFAIK).

All,

what's the best international Airport to reach Lille? I'm currently thinking of flying to Brussels and take a train from there? Any other recommendations?

CU,

Udo

Re: Traveling to PharoDays

stepharo
Hi Udo

Pay attention there are two airports tagged brussels

     via charleroy airport you can get a shuttle that brings you right
at Eurostar stop inside Lille.
     The other one is not that easy to get to lille.
     The best if you can is Charles de Gaulle airport (45 min train to
Lille).

Stef

Le 27/12/14 12:21, Udo Schneider a écrit :

> All,
>
> what's the best international Airport to reach Lille? I'm currently
> thinking of flying to Brussels and take a train from there? Any other
> recommendations?
>
> CU,
>
> Udo

Re: Traveling to PharoDays

Udo Schneider
Hi Stef,

I didn't take CDG into account - but this might make my life a lot easier.

Thanks,

Udo

On 27/12/14 14:25, stepharo wrote:

> Hi Udo
>
> Pay attention there are two airports tagged brussels
>
>      via charleroy airport you can get a shuttle that brings you right
> at Eurostar stop inside Lille.
>      The other one is not that easy to get to lille.
>      The best if you can is Charles de Gaulle airport (45 min train to
> Lille).
>
> Stef
>
> Le 27/12/14 12:21, Udo Schneider a écrit :
>> All,
>>
>> what's the best international Airport to reach Lille? I'm currently
>> thinking of flying to Brussels and take a train from there? Any other
>> recommendations?
>>
>> CU,
>>
>> Udo

Re: Traveling to PharoDays

stepharo

Le 27/12/14 14:08, Joachim Tuchel a écrit :
Doesn't the Thalys from Brussels to Paris stop in Lille?

Yes it does.
Now you have to pay attention that you have to be really on time because you have to pass a scan with your luggages and a border check.
I tend to avoid to take it because this is not fun.

Clément Bera [hidden email] schrieb:

There's a direct train from Paris CDG airport to Lille. It's usually more complex to go from brussels airport to Lille.

There's an airport in Lille but there's very few flights from there (only to Marseilles and Porto AFAIK).

All,

what's the best international Airport to reach Lille? I'm currently thinking of flying to Brussels and take a train from there? Any other recommendations?

CU,

Udo

Re: Traveling to PharoDays

Marcus Denker-4

> On 28 Dec 2014, at 09:14, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Le 27/12/14 14:08, Joachim Tuchel a écrit :
>> Doesn't the Thalys from Brussels to Paris stop in Lille?
>
> Yes it does.
> Now you have to pay attention that you have to be really on time because you have to pass a scan with your luggages and a border check.
> I tend to avoid to take it because this is not fun.

No, that is the Eurostar. (the train to london).

For Thalys, the Cologne->Brussels->Paris line does *not* stop in Lille, but there is a new Amsterdam->Brussels->Lille Thalys that does.

        Marcus

Re: Traveling to PharoDays

jtuchel
Interesting. A EU citizen flying from Munich to Brussels on transit to Paris has to be checked at the Belgian/French Border?

But I absolutely buy into your connection argument for Brussels Airport...

Unfortunately, I will not have time to come to Pharo Days 2015. I hope some sessions willbe recorded. Not a replacement for the networking...

Joachim

stepharo <[hidden email]> schrieb:

Le 27/12/14 14:08, Joachim Tuchel a écrit :
Doesn't the Thalys from Brussels to Paris stop in Lille?

Yes it does.
Now you have to pay attention that you have to be really on time because you have to pass a scan with your luggages and a border check.
I tend to avoid to take it because this is not fun.

Clément Bera [hidden email] schrieb:

There's a direct train from Paris CDG airport to Lille. It's usually more complex to go from brussels airport to Lille.

There's an airport in Lille but there's very few flights from there (only to Marseilles and Porto AFAIK).

All,

what's the best international Airport to reach Lille? I'm currently thinking of flying to Brussels and take a train from there? Any other recommendations?

CU,

Udo

Re: Traveling to PharoDays

Marcus Denker-4

> On 28 Dec 2014, at 09:41, Joachim Tuchel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Interesting. A EU citizen flying from Munich to Brussels on transit to Paris has to be checked at the Belgian/French Border?

Only if you take the EUROSTAR to London and exit in Lille. They check everyone in Brussels. The alternative would be to
either not allow people to exit in Lille or to get everyone off in Lille and have a 1-2 hour brake rechecking everyone.

These days they normally do not sell tickets anymore for the eurostar to exit in Lille (to speed up the stop in Lille I think).

        Marcus