Tree-like control flow works!

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

Finally I'm glad to announce that tree-like control flow just started to
work in Aida! See attached image for code example and browser snapshot
of the basic example of such control flow.

In short: in action method you want to confirm a delete by asking user
with a popup dialog window. Execution is there interrupted until the YES
or NO button is pressed on dialog. At that time the execution of action
method continue and delete is done if YES button was pressed.

Now let me do this thing more robust, then I'll release it. Aida 6.0 is
therefore on the way in few days!

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko

aida-treelike-control-flow-in-action.png (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Tree-like control flow works!

Janko Mivšek
Thanks Rob for nice words. Well, Aida and such R&D work is also my
pleasure :)

Janko

Rob Rothwell pravi:

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Tree-like control flow works!

Jaroslav Havlín-2
Great news. Thank you!

Best regards,
 Jarda

2009/8/22 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Rob for nice words. Well, Aida and such R&D work is also my
> pleasure :)
>
> Janko
>
> Rob Rothwell pravi:
>> Congratulations on your perseverance and accomplishment!
>>
>> Take care,
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> 2009/8/22 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>     Dear all,
>>
>>     Finally I'm glad to announce that tree-like control flow just started to
>>     work in Aida! See attached image for code example and browser snapshot
>>     of the basic example of such control flow.
>>
>>     In short: in action method you want to confirm a delete by asking user
>>     with a popup dialog window. Execution is there interrupted until the YES
>>     or NO button is pressed on dialog. At that time the execution of action
>>     method continue and delete is done if YES button was pressed.
>>
>>     Now let me do this thing more robust, then I'll release it. Aida 6.0 is
>>     therefore on the way in few days!
>>
>>     Best regards
>>     Janko
>>

> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Tree-like control flow works!

Janko Mivšek
Hi Jarda,

I have your work (and Nico's Iliad) in mind while working on recent Aida
and I hope we have now a good base for implementing your ideas on top of
it. This is then a step to do for Aida 6.1 :) Or 6.2, 6.1 will probably
be a maintenance release.

Best regards
Janko

Jaroslav Havlín pravi:

> Great news. Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
>  Jarda
>

> 2009/8/22 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
>> Thanks Rob for nice words. Well, Aida and such R&D work is also my
>> pleasure :)
>>
>> Janko
>>
>> Rob Rothwell pravi:
>>> Congratulations on your perseverance and accomplishment!
>>>
>>> Take care,
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>
>>> 2009/8/22 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>
>>>     Dear all,
>>>
>>>     Finally I'm glad to announce that tree-like control flow just started to
>>>     work in Aida! See attached image for code example and browser snapshot
>>>     of the basic example of such control flow.
>>>
>>>     In short: in action method you want to confirm a delete by asking user
>>>     with a popup dialog window. Execution is there interrupted until the YES
>>>     or NO button is pressed on dialog. At that time the execution of action
>>>     method continue and delete is done if YES button was pressed.
>>>
>>>     Now let me do this thing more robust, then I'll release it. Aida 6.0 is
>>>     therefore on the way in few days!
>>>
>>>     Best regards
>>>     Janko
>>>
>> --