TreeLayout algorithm

Laval Jannik-2
Hi Alex,

How does treeLayout algorithm work ?
I try to find the algorithm without success.

Thank you,
Jannik

---
Jannik Laval

Re: TreeLayout algorithm

Tudor Girba
Hi Jannik,

I do not understand :).

The layout is here: MOTreeLayout. The most important method is:
layout: aNodeCollection atPoint: aPoint atLayer: aNumber

This is a recursive function that places aNodeCollection starting with
aPoint and then calls for each node the same method to layout the rest
of the tree.

Cheers,
Doru

On 19 Jun 2010, at 18:43, Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> How does treeLayout algorithm work ?
> I try to find the algorithm without success.
>
> Thank you,
> Jannik
>
> ---
> Jannik Laval

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: TreeLayout algorithm

jannik laval
I just want to understand how is computed the layer,
I want to try a visualization based on a similar layout.

It seems to be an easy algo, but if I can reuse it, it is better :)

Thank you for your answer, I will see that.

Jannik

On Jun 19, 2010, at 18:51 , Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Jannik,
>
> I do not understand :).
>
> The layout is here: MOTreeLayout. The most important method is:
> layout: aNodeCollection atPoint: aPoint atLayer: aNumber
>
> This is a recursive function that places aNodeCollection starting with aPoint and then calls for each node the same method to layout the rest of the tree.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 19 Jun 2010, at 18:43, Laval Jannik wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> How does treeLayout algorithm work ?
>> I try to find the algorithm without success.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Jannik
>>
>> ---
>> Jannik Laval

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

---
Jannik Laval

Re: TreeLayout algorithm

Alexandre Bergel-4
> How does treeLayout algorithm work ?
> I try to find the algorithm without success.

Actually I have never looked at it. It was inherited from the original version of Mondrian.

Alexandre