TreeView Control

Rob Rothwell
Knowing absolutely nothing about even where to begin, I was wondering if anyone could help coach me through the process of trying to integrate a treeview control into Aida--something like the live example here:

http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext/examples/tree/reorder.html

Which is described a little bit here:

http://codeclimber.net.nz/archive/2007/06/28/ajax-treeview.aspx

Take care,

Rob

Re: TreeView Control

Herbert König
Hi Rob,

RR> Knowing absolutely nothing about even where to begin, I was wondering if
RR> anyone could help coach me through the process of trying to integrate a
RR> treeview control into Aida--something like the live example here:

sorry I'm dreadfully pressed for time but:

I see a similarity between AidaCharts and this tree view.

If the the library is freely available, you have to load the js
library, replicate the few lines he does in his example feed it
the data and call the function in the onLoad (or what suits you) event.

Hopefully the data can be fed into the library as JSON, then it will
be easy to do.

RR> http://codeclimber.net.nz/archive/2007/06/28/ajax-treeview.aspx
don't have time to go through it so I maybe wrong with the following:

AidaCharts displays collections of Smalltalk points in an excel
diagram style. It uses a javascript library to do so and a few
Smalltalk classes to build the html which is mainly json sent to a
javascript function.

I think the problems are quite similar.

Load the AidaCharts package (search this list for a link).
look at WebStyle>>ensureJavascriptForProtoChartInHeader and
protoChartJs which embeds the actual js library as a Smalltalk method.
WebChartDemo and WebChartDemoApp use the library.

WebChartData creates the JSON from Smalltalk data, but there is a json
package. Make sure to read the recent discussion on squeak dev if you
want to use it.

What I have not yet implemented (and I only have paper notes on how I
planned to do it months ago) is how to get back data from the users
(in your example) selection from the tree.

Anyway if you see similarities between the problems, ask and I'll try
to help.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: TreeView Control

Rob Rothwell
Herbert,

Thanks for the tips!

Unfortunately, it has been a while since I fired up Aida, and I tried to load everything into a Pharo 1.1 image.  Aida loaded great, but the AidaCharts package I found still depended on WebComponent, which is obsolete.  I got it to load by faking it out, but couldn't get the chart demo to load, so I don't yet have a working example to work from.

I'll keep trying though!

Thank you,

Rob

2010/8/8 Herbert König <[hidden email]>
Hi Rob,

RR> Knowing absolutely nothing about even where to begin, I was wondering if
RR> anyone could help coach me through the process of trying to integrate a
RR> treeview control into Aida--something like the live example here:

sorry I'm dreadfully pressed for time but:

I see a similarity between AidaCharts and this tree view.

If the the library is freely available, you have to load the js
library, replicate the few lines he does in his example feed it
the data and call the function in the onLoad (or what suits you) event.

Hopefully the data can be fed into the library as JSON, then it will
be easy to do.

RR> http://codeclimber.net.nz/archive/2007/06/28/ajax-treeview.aspx
don't have time to go through it so I maybe wrong with the following:

AidaCharts displays collections of Smalltalk points in an excel
diagram style. It uses a javascript library to do so and a few
Smalltalk classes to build the html which is mainly json sent to a
javascript function.

I think the problems are quite similar.

Load the AidaCharts package (search this list for a link).
look at WebStyle>>ensureJavascriptForProtoChartInHeader and
protoChartJs which embeds the actual js library as a Smalltalk method.
WebChartDemo and WebChartDemoApp use the library.

WebChartData creates the JSON from Smalltalk data, but there is a json
package. Make sure to read the recent discussion on squeak dev if you
want to use it.

What I have not yet implemented (and I only have paper notes on how I
planned to do it months ago) is how to get back data from the users
(in your example) selection from the tree.

Anyway if you see similarities between the problems, ask and I'll try
to help.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: TreeView Control

Herbert König
Hi Rob,

RR> Unfortunately, it has been a while since I fired up Aida, and I tried to
RR> load everything into a Pharo 1.1 image.  Aida loaded great, but the
RR> AidaCharts package I found still depended on WebComponent, which is
RR> obsolete.  I got it to load by faking it out, but couldn't get the chart
RR> demo to load, so I don't yet have a working example to work from.

My 3.8 image doesn't have WebComponent in it and this is the
AidaCharts I use.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

AidaCharts-hk.15.mcz (87K) Download Attachment

Re: TreeView Control

Rob Rothwell
Thanks; I think I'll have to take a deep breath and back up.  It has been too long!

When I try to load Aida fresh in Pharo1.1 and then do this:

SwazooAida demoStart.
chartDemo := WebChartDemo new.
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') urlResolver defaultURL: '/chartdemo.html' forObject: chartDemo.

I get stopped at a halt in some "Squeak specific code" in AidaSite>>answerTo:

What version of Aida are you using?

Rob

2010/8/9 Herbert König <[hidden email]>
Hi Rob,

RR> Unfortunately, it has been a while since I fired up Aida, and I tried to
RR> load everything into a Pharo 1.1 image.  Aida loaded great, but the
RR> AidaCharts package I found still depended on WebComponent, which is
RR> obsolete.  I got it to load by faking it out, but couldn't get the chart
RR> demo to load, so I don't yet have a working example to work from.

My 3.8 image doesn't have WebComponent in it and this is the
AidaCharts I use.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: TreeView Control

Herbert König
Rob,

RR> SwazooAida demoStart.
RR> chartDemo := WebChartDemo new.
RR> (AIDASite named: 'aidademo') urlResolver defaultURL: '/chartdemo.html'
RR> forObject: chartDemo.

looks ok.

RR> What version of Aida are you using?

I'm using Aida6.0-hk1002.mcz which is Aida6.0-final.1000.mcz into
which I've added the onClickDo:andUpdateMany stuff which should not be
relevant for WebGrid.

I checked Aida6.0 once with Squeak 4.1, never used Pharo and actively
use a Squeak 3.8.2 image.

RR> I get stopped at a halt in some "Squeak specific code" in
AidaSite>>>answerTo:

there is no answerTo: in AidaSite and I had to change AidaCharts
between  Aida5.6, 6.0 beta and 6.0

IMHo the relevant versions are Aida6.0-final.1000.mcz swazoo-2.2 and
sport2031.