Triggerring save / submit of another form

Triggerring save / submit of another form

Sanjay Minni
Hi,

How can save data in a form other than the one in which the submitbutton is clicked ?

the page on www.uxfin.com contains 3 separate forms (separated by horizontal rules). Users may typically leave midway while entering data in the top form and click a submit button on any of the 2 lower forms. At that time the last value entered is not captured.

How can I force this programmatically

Thanks
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Triggerring save / submit of another form

Sanjay Minni
Hi

I thought this problem must already have a solution ... fairly commonplace

in a screen with multiple form areas - say master/detail or matrix like - if the user moves between areas and clicks a submitButton attached to a form then there is some data / state loss in the other form - so how can that be saved

also somewhat related - How can i trap the event lose focus or when i move out of a field

regards
Sanjay

Sanjay Minni wrote
Hi,

How can save data in a form other than the one in which the submitbutton is clicked ?

the page on www.uxfin.com contains 3 separate forms (separated by horizontal rules). Users may typically leave midway while entering data in the top form and click a submit button on any of the 2 lower forms. At that time the last value entered is not captured.

How can I force this programmatically

Thanks
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Triggerring save / submit of another form

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I believe there can only be one form on a page.

This is discussed in the main book.

> On 10 Mar 2015, at 17:10, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I thought this problem must already have a solution ... fairly commonplace
>
> in a screen with multiple form areas - say master/detail or matrix like - if
> the user moves between areas and clicks a submitButton attached to a form
> then there is some data / state loss in the other form - so how can that be
> saved
>
> also somewhat related - How can i trap the event lose focus or when i move
> out of a field
>
> regards
> Sanjay
>

> Sanjay Minni wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can save data in a form other than the one in which the submitbutton
>> is clicked ?
>>
>> the page on www.uxfin.com contains 3 separate forms (separated by
>> horizontal rules). Users may typically leave midway while entering data in
>> the top form and click a submit button on any of the 2 lower forms. At
>> that time the last value entered is not captured.
>>
>> How can I force this programmatically
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sanjay
>

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

Re: Triggerring save / submit of another form

Sanjay Minni

From book.seaside.st section 10.2 end ...

I assumed this meant that there can be multiple forms on a page

"[...],.  Typically only a single form tag is needed on a page. form tags must not be nested but multiple form tags can occur, one after another, on a single page. Only the contents of a single form will be submitted by the web browser though (normally determined by the form in which the user clicked a submit button)."

regards
Sanjay

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Triggerring save / submit of another form

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
if you use multiple, the contents of the others is lost, very logical/normal

> On 10 Mar 2015, at 17:23, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> From book.seaside.st section 10.2 end ...
>
> I assumed this meant that there can be multiple forms on a page
>
> "[...],.  Typically only a single form tag is needed on a page. form tags
> must not be nested but multiple form tags can occur, one after another, on a
> single page. Only the contents of a single form will be submitted by the web
> browser though (normally determined by the form in which the user clicked a
> submit button)."
>
> regards
> Sanjay
>

> Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
>> I believe there can only be one form on a page.
>>
>> This is discussed in the main book.
>>
>>> On 10 Mar 2015, at 17:10, Sanjay Minni &lt;
>
>> sm@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I thought this problem must already have a solution ... fairly
>>> commonplace
>>>
>>> in a screen with multiple form areas - say master/detail or matrix like -
>>> if
>>> the user moves between areas and clicks a submitButton attached to a form
>>> then there is some data / state loss in the other form - so how can that
>>> be
>>> saved
>>>
>>> also somewhat related - How can i trap the event lose focus or when i
>>> move
>>> out of a field
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Sanjay
>>>

>>> Sanjay Minni wrote

>>> -----
>>> ---
>>> Regards, Sanjay
>>> --

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

Re: Triggerring save / submit of another form

Sanjay Minni

Well it may be logical but at this time I am looking for a solution / workaround

---
Sanjay Minni
+91 9900 902902

On 10 Mar 2015 22:04, "Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 [via Smalltalk]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
if you use multiple, the contents of the others is lost, very logical/normal

> On 10 Mar 2015, at 17:23, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> From book.seaside.st section 10.2 end ...
>
> I assumed this meant that there can be multiple forms on a page
>
> "[...],.  Typically only a single form tag is needed on a page. form tags
> must not be nested but multiple form tags can occur, one after another, on a
> single page. Only the contents of a single form will be submitted by the web
> browser though (normally determined by the form in which the user clicked a
> submit button)."
>
> regards
> Sanjay
>

> Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
>> I believe there can only be one form on a page.
>>
>> This is discussed in the main book.
>>
>>> On 10 Mar 2015, at 17:10, Sanjay Minni &lt;
>
>> sm@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I thought this problem must already have a solution ... fairly
>>> commonplace
>>>
>>> in a screen with multiple form areas - say master/detail or matrix like -
>>> if
>>> the user moves between areas and clicks a submitButton attached to a form
>>> then there is some data / state loss in the other form - so how can that
>>> be
>>> saved
>>>
>>> also somewhat related - How can i trap the event lose focus or when i
>>> move
>>> out of a field
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Sanjay
>>>

>>> Sanjay Minni wrote

>>> -----
>>> ---
>>> Regards, Sanjay
>>> --

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

http://forum.world.st/Triggerring-save-submit-of-another-form-tp4810872p4811067.html
To unsubscribe from Triggerring save / submit of another form, click here.
NAML
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Triggerring save / submit of another form

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
one form tag across all inputs

> On 10 Mar 2015, at 18:24, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well it may be logical but at this time I am looking for a solution / workaround
>
> ---
> Sanjay Minni
> +91 9900 902902
>
> On 10 Mar 2015 22:04, "Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 [via Smalltalk]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> if you use multiple, the contents of the others is lost, very logical/normal
>
> > On 10 Mar 2015, at 17:23, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> From book.seaside.st section 10.2 end ...
> >
> > I assumed this meant that there can be multiple forms on a page
> >
> > "[...],.  Typically only a single form tag is needed on a page. form tags
> > must not be nested but multiple form tags can occur, one after another, on a
> > single page. Only the contents of a single form will be submitted by the web
> > browser though (normally determined by the form in which the user clicked a
> > submit button)."
> >
> > regards
> > Sanjay
> >

> > Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
> >> I believe there can only be one form on a page.
> >>
> >> This is discussed in the main book.

> >> sm@

> > -----
> > ---
> > Regards, Sanjay
> > --
> NAML
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

> Sent from the Seaside General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Triggerring save / submit of another form

Paul DeBruicker

You could prevent the default action of the submit button and then use javascript to serialize the forms.

Look at the  JQAjax>>#serializeForm: message.  I don't know how/whether it would work with multiple forms but I'd guess it would work fine if you gave every form you wanted to serialize the same class and did a

html button
    bePush
    onClick:(html jQuery ajax serializeForm:(html jQuery class: 'myFormCssClass');
    with:'submit all forms'.

Another approach would be to serialize the form inputs when the user changes them by adding an onChange: method to the input.  Then when they click any of the buttons determine what processing & view updating needs to be done based on what changed and do it.

Another approach might be to make it all one form, remove the intermediate buttons, and just have the one button and the big form that's broken up visually how you have the multiple forms now.  Whats the point of 7 forms when its really just 1 sometimes?

Hope this helps

Sanjay Minni wrote

[hidden email]> wrote:

> if you use multiple, the contents of the others is lost, very
> logical/normal
>
> > On 10 Mar 2015, at 17:23, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4811067&i=0>> wrote:
> >

> >> From book.seaside.st section 10.2 end ...
> >
> > I assumed this meant that there can be multiple forms on a page
> >
> > "[...],.  Typically only a single form tag is needed on a page. form
> tags
> > must not be nested but multiple form tags can occur, one after another,
> on a
> > single page. Only the contents of a single form will be submitted by the
> web
> > browser though (normally determined by the form in which the user
> clicked a
> > submit button)."
> >
> > regards
> > Sanjay
> >

> > Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
> >> I believe there can only be one form on a page.
> >>
> >> This is discussed in the main book.

> >> sm@

> like -
> form
> that

> submitbutton

> data
> At

> > -----
> > ---
> > Regards, Sanjay
> > --

> .
> NAML
> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Triggerring save / submit of another form

Sanjay Minni
Thanks Sven, Paul

well I have taken the easy way out as of now - put them all in one form (tag)

regards
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay