Trunk update broken for smalltalkCI: MNU SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld

Trunk update broken for smalltalkCI: MNU SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld

Jakob Reschke
Hello,

My Travis builds fail and it looks like the trunk update is broken again:

Preparing Squeak-trunk image for CI...
.MessageNotUnderstood: SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld > Time to run: 5.550s
Build was unable to report intermediate build status.

Same when I run smalltalkCI locally with Cygwin. The last things that
I see in my local TravisCI.changes file are indeed Object
removeSelector: #currentWorld, Object removeSelector: #currentHand,
and Object removeSelector: #currentEvent.

Was something similar not fixed in December already?
http://forum.world.st/Squeak-trunk-updates-fail-td5059208.html

Kind regards,
Jakob

Re: Trunk update broken for smalltalkCI: MNU SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld

Jakob Reschke
The issue persists and breaks all builds with Squeak-Trunk.

Is it possible to put a workaround in place, such as providing a more
recent trunk image for smalltalkCI to download? So it would not have
to load the problematic configuration during the update?

> Hello,
>
> My Travis builds fail and it looks like the trunk update is broken again:
>
> Preparing Squeak-trunk image for CI...
> .MessageNotUnderstood: SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld > Time to run: 5.550s
> Build was unable to report intermediate build status.
>
> Same when I run smalltalkCI locally with Cygwin. The last things that
> I see in my local TravisCI.changes file are indeed Object
> removeSelector: #currentWorld, Object removeSelector: #currentHand,
> and Object removeSelector: #currentEvent.
>
> Was something similar not fixed in December already?
> http://forum.world.st/Squeak-trunk-updates-fail-td5059208.html
>
> Kind regards,
> Jakob

Re: Trunk update broken for smalltalkCI: MNU SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld

fniephaus
Hi Jakob,
Updating the base trunk image that smalltalkCI is using is on my to-do for next week. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Best,
Fabio
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 at 6:45 pm, Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:
The issue persists and breaks all builds with Squeak-Trunk.

Is it possible to put a workaround in place, such as providing a more
recent trunk image for smalltalkCI to download? So it would not have
to load the problematic configuration during the update?

> Hello,
>
> My Travis builds fail and it looks like the trunk update is broken again:
>
> Preparing Squeak-trunk image for CI...
> .MessageNotUnderstood: SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld > Time to run: 5.550s
> Build was unable to report intermediate build status.
>
> Same when I run smalltalkCI locally with Cygwin. The last things that
> I see in my local TravisCI.changes file are indeed Object
> removeSelector: #currentWorld, Object removeSelector: #currentHand,
> and Object removeSelector: #currentEvent.
>
> Was something similar not fixed in December already?
> http://forum.world.st/Squeak-trunk-updates-fail-td5059208.html
>
> Kind regards,
> Jakob

Re: Trunk update broken for smalltalkCI: MNU SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld

Nicolas Cellier
I thought we alreafy fixed that... isn't it a regression related to source.squeak.org restart?

Le sam. 7 avr. 2018 à 19:04, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Jakob,
Updating the base trunk image that smalltalkCI is using is on my to-do for next week. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Best,
Fabio
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 at 6:45 pm, Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:
The issue persists and breaks all builds with Squeak-Trunk.

Is it possible to put a workaround in place, such as providing a more
recent trunk image for smalltalkCI to download? So it would not have
to load the problematic configuration during the update?

> Hello,
>
> My Travis builds fail and it looks like the trunk update is broken again:
>
> Preparing Squeak-trunk image for CI...
> .MessageNotUnderstood: SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld > Time to run: 5.550s
> Build was unable to report intermediate build status.
>
> Same when I run smalltalkCI locally with Cygwin. The last things that
> I see in my local TravisCI.changes file are indeed Object
> removeSelector: #currentWorld, Object removeSelector: #currentHand,
> and Object removeSelector: #currentEvent.
>
> Was something similar not fixed in December already?
> http://forum.world.st/Squeak-trunk-updates-fail-td5059208.html
>
> Kind regards,
> Jakob

Re: Trunk update broken for smalltalkCI: MNU SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld

fniephaus
Hi Jakob,

I've updated the Squeak trunk image that smalltalkCI uses and smalltalkCI's own builds are passing again [1]. Could you please restart your builds?

Cheers,
Fabio

[1] https://travis-ci.org/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/jobs/362528542

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 8:34 PM Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought we alreafy fixed that... isn't it a regression related to source.squeak.org restart?

I don't know if this is a regression, but I updated the base images used to generate Squeak trunk images to work around the problem.

Le sam. 7 avr. 2018 à 19:04, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Jakob,
Updating the base trunk image that smalltalkCI is using is on my to-do for next week. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Best,
Fabio
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 at 6:45 pm, Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:
The issue persists and breaks all builds with Squeak-Trunk.

Is it possible to put a workaround in place, such as providing a more
recent trunk image for smalltalkCI to download? So it would not have
to load the problematic configuration during the update?

> Hello,
>
> My Travis builds fail and it looks like the trunk update is broken again:
>
> Preparing Squeak-trunk image for CI...
> .MessageNotUnderstood: SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld > Time to run: 5.550s
> Build was unable to report intermediate build status.
>
> Same when I run smalltalkCI locally with Cygwin. The last things that
> I see in my local TravisCI.changes file are indeed Object
> removeSelector: #currentWorld, Object removeSelector: #currentHand,
> and Object removeSelector: #currentEvent.
>
> Was something similar not fixed in December already?
> http://forum.world.st/Squeak-trunk-updates-fail-td5059208.html
>
> Kind regards,
> Jakob

Re: Trunk update broken for smalltalkCI: MNU SystemProgressMorph>>currentWorld

Jakob Reschke
Hi Fabio,

I restarted the failed builds and all of them that should be green now
are green, yay. Thanks!

Note that I had to restart some of the builds twice because on the
first rebuild attempt, they would run into the error one more time...

Kind regards,
Jakob