Trying to install Rio file handling package

Trying to install Rio file handling package

LawsonEnglish
   The Gallery addon for pier first requires that Rio be installed.

http://www.squeaksource.com/@7zePIlRlfoA0dT1I/VwzOlsoy

However, rio won't install due to errors:

FileMacOSXExectuive class as yet unclassified getenv:

getenv: varString
     " self getenv: 'HOME' "
     " self getenv: 'ZYZZYX' "

<> expected ->cdecl:  char* 'getenv' ( char* ) module: 'libc.dylib'>
     ^self externalCallFailed

Happens in both the latest Pharo and the latest Squeak.

Not sure how to fix this...

thanks for any advice.

Lawson

Re: Trying to install Rio file handling package

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Rio was a thorn in my side for several (sub)releases, but it was apparently because something was loading an old version of it??  You might try loading it in Linux, as there was a bug that would prevent it loading on Windows at one point, but it could load on Linux (and probably a mac too), after which it would have to fixed for the image to load on Windows.  Good luck.

Bill

Re: Trying to install Rio file handling package

LawsonEnglish
  Thanks.

Lawson