Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

Steven Costiou-2

Hi,

i am trying to test PHANtom but so far i can't get it to work.

I found an image here https://pleiad.cl/research/software/phantom and i made it run on a vm from 2013.

But the examples crashes (PhantomDemo), and i cannot make my own examples work either (simple object interception).

Which vm should i use ?

Is the image available in the link above still ok ?

By any chance, is there a version for Pharo 6 ?

Steven.

Re: Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

Stephane Ducasse-3
You should ask Johan Fabry.
Now working at Raincode in belgium.

Stef

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am trying to test PHANtom but so far i can't get it to work.
>
> I found an image here https://pleiad.cl/research/software/phantom and i made
> it run on a vm from 2013.
>
> But the examples crashes (PhantomDemo), and i cannot make my own examples
> work either (simple object interception).
>

> Which vm should i use ?
>
> Is the image available in the link above still ok ?
>
> By any chance, is there a version for Pharo 6 ?
>

> Steven.

Re: Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

Miguel Campusano-2
As far as I know, this is a project for an undregard thesis and I believe it is discontinued. If you contact Johan I will be glad to collaborate on this for a good cause

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should ask Johan Fabry.
Now working at Raincode in belgium.

Stef

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am trying to test PHANtom but so far i can't get it to work.
>
> I found an image here https://pleiad.cl/research/software/phantom and i made
> it run on a vm from 2013.
>
> But the examples crashes (PhantomDemo), and i cannot make my own examples
> work either (simple object interception).
>

> Which vm should i use ?
>
> Is the image available in the link above still ok ?
>
> By any chance, is there a version for Pharo 6 ?
>

> Steven.

Re: Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

alvaro piorno
Hi,
A friend and i worked on phatom to make it work on actual pharo versions(at that momento was 6.0 or 6.1) and could make examples work and lot of tests to pass.
My partner went deeper into this, maybe she can help. ([hidden email])

As far as I know, this is a project for an undregard thesis and I believe it is discontinued. If you contact Johan I will be glad to collaborate on this for a good cause

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should ask Johan Fabry.
Now working at Raincode in belgium.

Stef

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am trying to test PHANtom but so far i can't get it to work.
>
> I found an image here https://pleiad.cl/research/software/phantom and i made
> it run on a vm from 2013.
>
> But the examples crashes (PhantomDemo), and i cannot make my own examples
> work either (simple object interception).
>

> Which vm should i use ?
>
> Is the image available in the link above still ok ?
>
> By any chance, is there a version for Pharo 6 ?
>

> Steven.

Re: Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

Steven Costiou-2

i've made it work with an old Pharo 3 (by importing one class from Pharo 1.6 and commenting some code).

I think everything works.

It would be nice to have it on latest Pharo, but i have no idea what is the effort of porting it. Also it could be interesting to change the backend and use Reflectivity instead of method wrappers. I could work a bit on it but probably not do everything.

Steven.

Le 2018-01-15 01:31, Miguel Campusano a écrit :

As far as I know, this is a project for an undregard thesis and I believe it is discontinued. If you contact Johan I will be glad to collaborate on this for a good cause

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should ask Johan Fabry.
Now working at Raincode in belgium.

Stef

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am trying to test PHANtom but so far i can't get it to work.
>
> I found an image here https://pleiad.cl/research/software/phantom and i made
> it run on a vm from 2013.
>
> But the examples crashes (PhantomDemo), and i cannot make my own examples
> work either (simple object interception).
>

> Which vm should i use ?
>
> Is the image available in the link above still ok ?
>
> By any chance, is there a version for Pharo 6 ?
>

> Steven.

Re: Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

Steven Costiou-2

Hi, thanks for the info :)

Is your version for pharo 6.0 somewhere i can download it ?

Steven.

Le 2018-01-15 19:17, alvaro piorno a écrit :

Hi,
A friend and i worked on phatom to make it work on actual pharo versions(at that momento was 6.0 or 6.1) and could make examples work and lot of tests to pass.
My partner went deeper into this, maybe she can help. ([hidden email])

As far as I know, this is a project for an undregard thesis and I believe it is discontinued. If you contact Johan I will be glad to collaborate on this for a good cause

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should ask Johan Fabry.
Now working at Raincode in belgium.

Stef

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am trying to test PHANtom but so far i can't get it to work.
>
> I found an image here https://pleiad.cl/research/software/phantom and i made
> it run on a vm from 2013.
>
> But the examples crashes (PhantomDemo), and i cannot make my own examples
> work either (simple object interception).
>

> Which vm should i use ?
>
> Is the image available in the link above still ok ?
>
> By any chance, is there a version for Pharo 6 ?
>

> Steven.

Re: Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

alvaro piorno
You should have received a mail from my partner. I hope that helped you.

Hi, thanks for the info :)

Is your version for pharo 6.0 somewhere i can download it ?

Steven.

Le 2018-01-15 19:17, alvaro piorno a écrit :

Hi,
A friend and i worked on phatom to make it work on actual pharo versions(at that momento was 6.0 or 6.1) and could make examples work and lot of tests to pass.
My partner went deeper into this, maybe she can help. ([hidden email])

As far as I know, this is a project for an undregard thesis and I believe it is discontinued. If you contact Johan I will be glad to collaborate on this for a good cause

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should ask Johan Fabry.
Now working at Raincode in belgium.

Stef

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am trying to test PHANtom but so far i can't get it to work.
>
> I found an image here https://pleiad.cl/research/software/phantom and i made
> it run on a vm from 2013.
>
> But the examples crashes (PhantomDemo), and i cannot make my own examples
> work either (simple object interception).
>

> Which vm should i use ?
>
> Is the image available in the link above still ok ?
>
> By any chance, is there a version for Pharo 6 ?
>

> Steven.

Re: Trying to test Phantom / aspects in Pharo

Inés Sosa
Hello,

I ported PHANtom to the latest Pharo version (6.1) and uploaded the code to a Github repository for simplier access.
The examples are working, although there are some failing test that I'm triying to fix.
Without further delay heres the repo:

Inés S.