Tutorial on Announcements

DougEdmunds
http://dougedmunds.com/pmwiki.php?n=Pharo.AnnouncementsTutorial

What you can get out of this tutorial and sample code

How to use Announcements
Ideas on building a GUI
Associating buttons with actions
Pulling text out of a text field morph.
Convert text to numbers using exception handling
How to create and exit an endless loop
Setting process priority

Re: Tutorial on Announcements

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks doug
I will read that because we are looking for ideas for a chapter on announcements for PBE2 :)

Stef
On Apr 30, 2011, at 3:58 AM, DougEdmunds wrote:

> http://dougedmunds.com/pmwiki.php?n=Pharo.AnnouncementsTutorial
>
> What you can get out of this tutorial and sample code
>
> How to use Announcements
> Ideas on building a GUI
> Associating buttons with actions
> Pulling text out of a text field morph.
> Convert text to numbers using exception handling
> How to create and exit an endless loop
> Setting process priority

Re: Tutorial on Announcements

Mariano Martinez Peck
Cool!  It seems we have too much information about announcements hehhehe

1) http://dougedmunds.com/pmwiki.php?n=Pharo.AnnouncementsTutorial

2) The Help System chapter -> just take your image, world menu -> Help -> Help Browser -> "Announcements framework"

3) Pharo collabortive book chapter: http://book.pharo-project.org/book/announcements/

So....I've just created a last chapter in: http://book.pharo-project.org/book/announcements/windowannouncements/AnnouncementLinks/
where I link to the rest of the resources, and I have updated the "Links" page of the Help System chapter.

Name: Announcements-Help-MarianoMartinezPeck.3
Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
Time: 30 April 2011, 3:51:06 pm
UUID: 01d0f9a7-11e4-41b3-9539-e386111efb6d
Ancestors: Announcements-Help-StephaneDucasse.2

Fix to issue 4128,     update links of Announcements help

Cheers

Mariano

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks doug
I will read that because we are looking for ideas for a chapter on announcements for PBE2 :)

Stef
On Apr 30, 2011, at 3:58 AM, DougEdmunds wrote:

> http://dougedmunds.com/pmwiki.php?n=Pharo.AnnouncementsTutorial
>
> What you can get out of this tutorial and sample code
>
> How to use Announcements
> Ideas on building a GUI
> Associating buttons with actions
> Pulling text out of a text field morph.
> Convert text to numbers using exception handling
> How to create and exit an endless loop
> Setting process priority

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com