Twitter Bootstrap best practices?

Wouter Gazendam-2-2
Hi,

Has anyone used Twitter Bootstrap with Amber, and if so; do you have recommendations/best practices for using it with Amber?

Thanks in advance,

Wouter

Re: Twitter Bootstrap best practices?

Manfred Kröhnert
Hi Wouter,

the new IDE named Helios is based on Bootstrap.
You can either look there or wait for Nico (or anybody else using Bootstrap with Amber) to give you a more detailed answer.

Best,
Manfred

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Wouter Gazendam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone used Twitter Bootstrap with Amber, and if so; do you have recommendations/best practices for using it with Amber?

Thanks in advance,

Wouter

Re: Twitter Bootstrap best practices?

Herby Vojčík
I do.

It is hard to use it as is, since it has lots of tags, classes,
nestedness etc.

I use it with virtual tags (aka snippets; built in amber). That way, it
is easier, I just use semantic tags.

Herby

Wouter Gazendam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used Twitter Bootstrap with Amber, and if so; do you have
> recommendations/best practices for using it with Amber?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wouter

Re: Twitter Bootstrap best practices?

sebastianconcept
I find it okay to boost prototyping for faster validation

For the real deal I'm not so sure.

o/

On Aug 10, 2013, at 6:21 AM, Wouter Gazendam <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone used Twitter Bootstrap with Amber, and if so; do you have recommendations/best practices for using it with Amber?

Thanks in advance,

Wouter

Re: Twitter Bootstrap best practices?

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

As for me, I really like bootstrap for what it is: a skeleton. I don't find it hard to use or anything, but that's just me :)
For using it with Amber, I don't think I have any advice, I just use it from Amber and use Amber's API to build the HTML, and use bootstrap classes and other stuff.

You can always look at helios as it uses bootstrap a lot. Or maybe you had a specific question?

Cheers,
Nico