Twitter Bootstrap examples interfering with WAExampleBrowser

Twitter Bootstrap examples interfering with WAExampleBrowser

philippeback
I had a look and classes beginning with TBS are preventing WAExampleBrowser to work.

Fix in attach.

I can't commit to Seaside repo in STH.

Phil

WAExampleBrowser-allClasses.st (730 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Twitter Bootstrap examples interfering with WAExampleBrowser

Stephan Eggermont-3
I've added you

Stephan

Re: Twitter Bootstrap examples interfering with WAExampleBrowser

Johan Brichau-2
hi Phil,

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Your fix literally filters out the TBS examples, which I want to improve on a little and rather rest for ‘Seaside only’ classes.

I think only including the classes prefixed with WA might be a better solution but Philippe maybe has a better understanding of the history of the naming convention that was chosen for examples.
Philippe?

Johan

On 11 Sep 2014, at 17:20, [hidden email] wrote:

> I had a look and classes beginning with TBS are preventing WAExampleBrowser to work.
>
> Fix in attach.
>
> I can't commit to Seaside repo in STH.
>
> Phil
> <WAExampleBrowser-allClasses.st>_______________________________________________
> seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Twitter Bootstrap examples interfering with WAExampleBrowser

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hi Phil,
>
> Thanks for reporting the issue.
> Your fix literally filters out the TBS examples, which I want to improve on a little and rather rest for ‘Seaside only’ classes.
>
> I think only including the classes prefixed with WA might be a better solution but Philippe maybe has a better understanding of the history of the naming convention that was chosen for examples.
> Philippe?

Gee, I don't know that class even existed. Is the conflict due to CSS
issues or that Twitter Bootstrap uses class side #example methods for
something completely different?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Twitter Bootstrap examples interfering with WAExampleBrowser

philippeback

Second option.

Phil

On 15 Sep 2014, at 19:37, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> hi Phil,
>>
>> Thanks for reporting the issue.
>> Your fix literally filters out the TBS examples, which I want to improve on a little and rather rest for ‘Seaside only’ classes.
>>
>> I think only including the classes prefixed with WA might be a better solution but Philippe maybe has a better understanding of the history of the naming convention that was chosen for examples.
>> Philippe?
>
> Gee, I don't know that class even existed. Is the conflict due to CSS
> issues or that Twitter Bootstrap uses class side #example methods for
> something completely different?

Haha… ok, I guess we can safely select only those classes starting with WA in the WAExampleBrowser then :)

Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2014, at 19:37, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> hi Phil,
>>>
>>> Thanks for reporting the issue.
>>> Your fix literally filters out the TBS examples, which I want to improve on a little and rather rest for ‘Seaside only’ classes.
>>>
>>> I think only including the classes prefixed with WA might be a better solution but Philippe maybe has a better understanding of the history of the naming convention that was chosen for examples.
>>> Philippe?
>>
>> Gee, I don't know that class even existed. Is the conflict due to CSS
>> issues or that Twitter Bootstrap uses class side #example methods for
>> something completely different?
>
> Haha… ok, I guess we can safely select only those classes starting with WA in the WAExampleBrowser then :)

What role does WAExampleBrowser have that isn't already covered by the
functional tests? If it only contains the handful of examples in WA*
should we just remove it? If we want to make it generic should make it
more safe by introducing a selector like #containsSeasideExamples?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Twitter Bootstrap examples interfering with WAExampleBrowser

philippeback
Err, keep it around as it provides valuable examples.
We aren't exactly too long on examples I'd say.

There is so much power in Seaside and how we can make it move forward that we need more examples.

Now, I wanted to ask: is there anyone having dribbled with WebGL as a canvas/with a DSL?

Would be great for Pharo and Seaside to have.

Phil

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:51 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Err, keep it around as it provides valuable examples.

There is no point in having code that nobody knows about (and
therefore nobody maintains) and doesn't really work.

> We aren't exactly too long on examples I'd say.

The functional tests provide quite a lot of examples.

Cheers
Philippe