Two Pier Forms Questions

David Farber-3
I have a registration form embedded in Pier page.
   +/mysite/MyForm+

1) How do I keep a user from submitting the form twice?

2) I would like to show a confirmation page after the form is
submitted, but I would like for that page to a Pier-editable page.
How could I accomplish that?

Thanks,
David
----
1 Squeak/Seaside/Pier site deployed

Re: Two Pier Forms Questions

Lukas Renggli
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 2:07 AM, David Farber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a registration form embedded in Pier page.
>  +/mysite/MyForm+

A pier page? Not a component? How do you handle the submission?

> 1) How do I keep a user from submitting the form twice?

You display something else.

> 2) I would like to show a confirmation page after the form is submitted, but
> I would like for that page to a Pier-editable page.  How could I accomplish
> that?

If you add a description of the type MADocumentDescription you can
store one or more wiki documents with your component, that are then
displayed instead.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Two Pier Forms Questions

David Farber-3
On May 9, 2009, at 11:48 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 2:07 AM, David Farber <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> I have a registration form embedded in Pier page.
>>  +/mysite/MyForm+
>
> A pier page? Not a component? How do you handle the submission?

Right.  Sorry.  I have a component embedded in a Pier page.
Submission works just fine.

>> 1) How do I keep a user from submitting the form twice?
>
> You display something else.

Sorry for not being clear.  I am displaying something else, but I also
want to prevent the user from using the back button to submit a form
twice.  Is that possible with a Pier component?

>> 2) I would like to show a confirmation page after the form is
>> submitted, but
>> I would like for that page to a Pier-editable page.  How could I
>> accomplish
>> that?
>
> If you add a description of the type MADocumentDescription you can
> store one or more wiki documents with your component, that are then
> displayed instead.

I am not sure I understand.  If I add a PRDocumentDescription, then
there is another field on the form (with the text of the confirmation
message.)  I only want an administrator to be able to see and edit the
confirmation message.

Thanks,
David

----
1 Squeak/Seaside/Pier site deployed

Re: Two Pier Forms Questions

Lukas Renggli
>>> 1) How do I keep a user from submitting the form twice?
>>
>> You display something else.
>
> Sorry for not being clear.  I am displaying something else, but I also want
> to prevent the user from using the back button to submit a form twice.  Is
> that possible with a Pier component?

Well, you can't prevent the back button, but your model could detect a
double submit and inform the user.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Two Pier Forms Questions

David Farber-3
On May 27, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>>> You display something else.
>>
>> Sorry for not being clear.  I am displaying something else, but I
>> also want
>> to prevent the user from using the back button to submit a form
>> twice.  Is
>> that possible with a Pier component?
>
> Well, you can't prevent the back button, but your model could detect a
> double submit and inform the user.

So there is no way to take advantage of isolate:?

David
----
1 Squeak/Seaside/Pier site deployed

Re: Two Pier Forms Questions

Lukas Renggli
> So there is no way to take advantage of isolate:?

#isolate: wouldn't be useful, because this is not a sequence of
components that are called from a single place. However you can build
your own #isolate: that does exactly what you want.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch