Two more files available

1 message Options

Two more files available

Ian Bartholomew-18
I've just uploaded two more files to my web page ...

http://www.idb.me.uk/files/spinner.zip

This is a 7K replacement for my existing goodies "IDB Spinner" which
doesn't seem to work any more.  There were always possible problems with
using it [1] but when I tried yesterday I found I couldn't get it to
work _at all_ in D5.1.3.   The new package just adds a new
NumberPresenter subclass called SpinnerPresenter which makes it a lot
easier to use, just not as flexible.  There is also a SpinnerTest class
to prove (to myself mainly) that it does work.

NB You will need to have my existing goodies (or at least the IDB Common
package) installed for it to load cleanly.

[1] It's to do (I think) with the old issue of using the #valueChanged
event from one widget (the number presenter) to change the value in the
other widget (the spinner).  The complete spinner needs two
NumberPresenter parts (the number and the spinner) and sharing their
model _used_ to work - honestly.

http://www.idb.me.uk/files/framing.zip

An, albeit not completely successful, attempt to make the setting of
FramingConstraints of a view in the ViewComposer less of a chore.  After
installing you can right click on a FramingConstraints aspect and, using
the "edit" command, bring up an instance of the new "FramingConstraints
Dialog".  I think it makes the initial setting up of the constraints
easier but for the small adjustments, usually of offsets, it's probably
still better to use the normal pai workspace.

NB: You will need to have my existing goodies (or at least the IDB
RadioButtonGroup package) installed for it to load.
NB: It overwrites an existing method so ignore the contents clash error
you get when installing the package.

I would appreciate any comments about this one - mainly, is it worth it?

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.