Two more stupid questions:

Rich Warren
I'm sure I've seen at least one of these somewhere before, but google
is failing me. So please excuse the following stupid questions:

1) If I want my application served entirely via seaside/Kom, is there
any way to have it be the default page? e.g. When you navigate to
localhost:9090/ it would bring up my application.

2) (The possibly less-stupid question) I've created a component with
several subcomponents. Everything displays fine. However, when I
toggle the halo and try to click on any of the icons in any sub-
component, I get the following error (or something similar):

Error: Components not found while processing callbacks: #(a RWHome)

WARenderLoop(Object)>>error:
self
a WARenderLoop
temps
aString
'Components not found while processing callbacks: #(a RWHome)'
inst vars
root
a WAToolFrame
WARenderLoop>>unprocessedCallbacks:
self
a WARenderLoop
temps
aCollection
#(a WAActionCallback)
owners
#(a RWHome)
ea
a WAActionCallback
inst vars
root
a WAToolFrame

What have I done wrong?

Oh, as a quick followup, I've seen several references to two
different ways of rendering components (canvas? and ???). What are
they, which should I use and where can I find documentation about the
'correct' system? The problem with the web is, old data never dies.

Hmm. Guess that was actually 5 questions. Well, math was never my
strong suit.

Thanks,
-Rich-

Re: Two more stupid questions:

Philippe Marschall
> 2) (The possibly less-stupid question) I've created a component with
> several subcomponents. Everything displays fine. However, when I
> toggle the halo and try to click on any of the icons in any sub-
> component, I get the following error (or something similar):
>
> Error: Components not found while processing callbacks: #(a RWHome)
You need to return the subcomponents in the #children method (if they
chance, you need to backtrack them).

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Two more stupid questions:

Rich Warren
Thank you, this worked perfectly.

-Rich-

On Mar 1, 2006, at 12:32 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

>> 2) (The possibly less-stupid question) I've created a component with
>> several subcomponents. Everything displays fine. However, when I
>> toggle the halo and try to click on any of the icons in any sub-
>> component, I get the following error (or something similar):
>>
>> Error: Components not found while processing callbacks: #(a RWHome)
> You need to return the subcomponents in the #children method (if they
> chance, you need to backtrack them).
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: Two more stupid questions:

cbeler

> Oh, as a quick followup, I've seen several references to two
> different ways of rendering components (canvas? and ???). What are
> they, which should I use and where can I find documentation about the
> 'correct' system? The problem with the web is, old data never dies.

WACanvas is the new rendering framework that will probably replace the
old one WAHtmlRenderer...
It does basically the same thing but in a way (cascading messages) that
give less protocol messages...

see
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2005-June/005260.html
for a better explanation ;)

Cédrick

Re: Two more stupid questions:

Dmitry Dorofeev

Rich Warren wrote:

> I'm sure I've seen at least one of these somewhere before, but google
> is failing me. So please excuse the following stupid questions:
>
> 1) If I want my application served entirely via seaside/Kom, is there
> any way to have it be the default page? e.g. When you navigate to
> localhost:9090/ it would bring up my application.
>
> 2) (The possibly less-stupid question) I've created a component with
> several subcomponents. Everything displays fine. However, when I  toggle
> the halo and try to click on any of the icons in any sub- component, I
> get the following error (or something similar):

This information should update Seaside FAQ please.
there are 2 ways to do it with Apache. Still don't know if it is possible with Seaside/Kom only.
1. mod_rewrite (Apache 2.x)

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   (.*) http://localhost:9999/seaside/myapp$1        [P,L]

In case you want to have access to static files and made them served by Apache:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/static
RewriteRule   (.*) http://localhost:9997/seaside/myapp$1        [P,L]
Alias /static /home/loop/static

2. mod_proxy
# !!!! SECURITY WARNING !!!!
# you MUST turn it off, overwise your server will be open as public proxy
# If you are ready to be a free proxy for everybody, turn it on :-)
ProxyRequests Off

UseCanonicalName Off

# If may setup a separate virtual host to serve static files
ProxyPass       /static/ http://static.files.com/

#You still may access config, just in case
ProxyPass       /seaside/config         http://localhost:9999/seaside/config

# Your app here
ProxyPass       /       http://localhost:9999/seaside/myapp/