Two newcomer questions

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list!

I've known about Iliad for a long while now, and I was greatly impressed by the presentation given by Nicolas Petton in ESUG. However, until now I haven't had the time to start digging into it.

Now I'm developing a commercial web application, which originally I started building in Seaside (as this is the framework I've always been using), but I really need the app to be dynamic and Seaside becomes very cumbersome when you have to deal with Javascript and AJAX requests... so I thought I'd give Iliad a try.

Here's my main questions:

   - What's the support for Javascript libraries like? Are they ported to Iliad like in Seaside? Can you easily use JQuery's datePicker in your app, for example?
   - How are sessions handled? What's the proper way to manage users and their data?

Thank you very much,

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Two newcomer questions

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

Le vendredi 25 février 2011 à 11:55 +0100, AxiNat a écrit :
> What's the support for Javascript libraries like? Are they ported to
> Iliad like in Seaside? Can you easily use JQuery's datePicker in your
> app, for example?

Not yet. Right now you have to write a bit of JavaScript to do that,
but I'll give more infos about that soon.

>     - How are sessions handled? What's the proper way to manage users
> and their data?

Sessions are handled in the ILSessionManager instance. Each visitor has
its own session, so it can be a good place to store the current user in
the session:

ILSession>>user
    ^self otherAt: #user

ILSession>>user: anUser
   ^self otherAt: #user put: anUser

Of course you'll have to create an user class.

HTH,
Nico