Two (or more) Presenters sharing the same view

Two (or more) Presenters sharing the same view

Fernando Rodríguez
Hi,

        How can I make two presenters share the same Default View?

Thanks

Re: Two (or more) Presenters sharing the same view

Chris Uppal-3
Fernando,

> How can I make two presenters share the same Default View?

One way is to make one of the Presenter class's 'Default View' be a
ReferenceView that "points" to the other Presenter's Default View.
Alternatively one could create a third view resource, and make both presenters
point to that.  To create a ReferenceView, hold down the <ALT> key while adding
a component to a view in the view composer.   (That might no work with
top-level Shells, I'm not sure.)

But there's something odd about two different presenters being so similar that
they can make use of the same view.  I'd have thought that there would be some
common Presenter/View that could be factored out as a sub-component, and then
make the two original presenters use that.

    -- chris

Re: Two (or more) Presenters sharing the same view

Fernando Rodríguez
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:20:15 -0000, "Chris Uppal"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>But there's something odd about two different presenters being so similar that
>they can make use of the same view.

It's just for testing and trying out different 'presenter strategies'
for solving common problems and see which one seems easier and more
intuitive to me.

Re: Two (or more) Presenters sharing the same view

Chris Uppal-3
Fernando,

> > But there's something odd about two different presenters being so
> > similar that they can make use of the same view.
>
> It's just for testing and trying out different 'presenter strategies'
> for solving common problems and see which one seems easier and more
> intuitive to me.

Right.  That makes a lot of sense.

Have fun!

    -- chris