UDP Receive Socket Spontaneously Unblocks Every 30 Seconds - 3.2.91

UDP Receive Socket Spontaneously Unblocks Every 30 Seconds - 3.2.91

highbeg
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a socket issue in polaris_d.st (link below). The receive socket
at line 109 (spontaneously) unblocks every 30 seconds and the datagram,
'analog/digital inp update'  and the time is printed out. If anybody has a
spare cycle or two please let me know if you see or don't the same 30 sec
periodic printout.

All the socket code is contained between lines 194 and 211.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Many thanks.

Gary

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3s7dxqwi07f47dz/polaris_d.st?dl=0

gst polaris_d.st
"Global garbage collection... done"
12:23:50
'analog/digital inp update'
12:24:20
'analog/digital inp update'
12:24:50
'analog/digital inp update'
12:25:20

Re: UDP Receive Socket Spontaneously Unblocks Every 30 Seconds - 3.2.91

highbeg
Oops! It's line 203 not 109 in my prior email. My bad!

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021, 1:16 PM Gary Highberger <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm having a socket issue in polaris_d.st (link below). The receive
> socket at line 109 (spontaneously) unblocks every 30 seconds and the
> datagram, 'analog/digital inp update'  and the time is printed out. If
> anybody has a spare cycle or two please let me know if you see or don't the
> same 30 sec periodic printout.
>
> All the socket code is contained between lines 194 and 211.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Gary
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3s7dxqwi07f47dz/polaris_d.st?dl=0
>
> gst polaris_d.st
> "Global garbage collection... done"
> 12:23:50
> 'analog/digital inp update'
> 12:24:20
> 'analog/digital inp update'
> 12:24:50
> 'analog/digital inp update'
> 12:25:20

Re: UDP Receive Socket Spontaneously Unblocks Every 30 Seconds - 3.2.91

Holger Freyther
Looking at the the >>#receive selector of DatagramSocket shows that there is some timeout logic. The method will return false when it ran into a timeout and true when there was a datagram.

IIRC you want to use >>#port: on the outgoing Datagram to select where it should be sent.