UFFI #rebuildFieldAccessors problem

Aliaksei Syrel
Hi,

I have the following line in BaselineOfBloc: (postLoadBloc:)
FFIExternalStructure withAllSubclassesDo: #rebuildFieldAccessors.
If I don't rebuild accessors, some offsets are nil in external structures.

However, on Windows 32bit it fails with the following exception:
Inline images 1

How to reproduce:
  1. Take Pharo 7 (http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo.zip)
  2. VM (http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-win-stable.zip)
  3. Excecute FFITestArrayStructure rebuildFieldAccessors
Links to Image and VM I took from SmalltalkCI.

The reason I'm posting this is because Bloc Appveyour builds fail and more importantly Stef will give lectures in Prague and they will use Bloc for the semester projects.
Not being able to install Bloc on Windows is not nice :(

We wanted to release alpha version of Bloc and now we can not.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: UFFI #rebuildFieldAccessors problem

Aliaksei Syrel
Juhuuu! it worked with Pharo 6.0 :)

Which means there is a problem with Pharo 7.0.
I will appreciate any help. thanks!

Cheers,
Alex

On 2 November 2017 at 19:49, Aliaksei Syrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Alex

Re: UFFI #rebuildFieldAccessors problem

tblanchard
I know this problem

annonymousClassCreator
^ String streamContents: [ :stream |
stream
nextPutAll: '(FFITypeArray ofType: #';
print: self objectClass type class;
nextPutAll: ' size: ';
print: self objectClass numberOfElements;
nextPutAll: ')' ]

is where it code goes wrong.

class is...a class.

change to

print: self objectClass type class displayString;

On Nov 2, 2017, at 12:00 PM, Aliaksei Syrel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Juhuuu! it worked with Pharo 6.0 :)

Which means there is a problem with Pharo 7.0.
I will appreciate any help. thanks!

Cheers,
Alex

On 2 November 2017 at 19:49, Aliaksei Syrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have the following line in BaselineOfBloc: (postLoadBloc:)
FFIExternalStructure withAllSubclassesDo: #rebuildFieldAccessors.
If I don't rebuild accessors, some offsets are nil in external structures.

However, on Windows 32bit it fails with the following exception:
<Pharo7.0 FFI-Error.PNG>