UI development in Amber

12

Re: UI development in Amber

Amber Milan Eskridge
I ported the parts of the code, so no. Actually most Obj-J methods

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did it take time because of Objective-J? This adds to the complexity
having three languages....

The code is now Amber so there are only 2 languages involved. Actually most Obj-J methods became one-liners (two-liners if you count the method signature).

Re: UI development in Amber

Amber Milan Eskridge
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!! Can we get the code? :)

I know that this apporach was taken by a German student and that the resulting code will most definetelly be OS.

Re: UI development in Amber

Amber Milan Eskridge
Oh my.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Amber Milan Eskridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
I ported the parts of the code, so no. Actually most Obj-J methods

This first part was a draft in answer to hannes; it that has gotten there by accident and was not intended as a rude answer to your question, Nico.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Amber Milan Eskridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
I ported the parts of the code, so no. Actually most Obj-J methods

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did it take time because of Objective-J? This adds to the complexity
having three languages....

The code is now Amber so there are only 2 languages involved. Actually most Obj-J methods became one-liners (two-liners if you count the method signature).

Re: UI development in Amber

Nicolas Petton
On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 19:44 +0100, Amber Milan Eskridge wrote:
> Oh my.

No offense taken :)

Nico

> This first part was a draft in answer to hannes; it that has gotten
> there by accident and was not intended as a rude answer to your
> question, Nico.
>
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Amber Milan Eskridge
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         I ported the parts of the code, so no. Actually most Obj-J
>         methods
>
>         On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM, H. Hirzel
>         <[hidden email]> wrote:
>                 Did it take time because of Objective-J? This adds to
>                 the complexity
>                 having three languages....
>

>         The code is now Amber so there are only 2 languages involved.
>         Actually most Obj-J methods became one-liners (two-liners if
>         you count the method signature).

Re: UI development in Amber

Guido Stepken

Read about Pastrykit and building "near native IOS Apps" with JavaScript:

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1012559

For me Apples next step is quite clear!

"This is the end ..." (Doors) :-(

regards, Guido Stepken

Am 29.01.2012 19:40 schrieb "Amber Milan Eskridge" <[hidden email]>:
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!! Can we get the code? :)

I know that this apporach was taken by a German student and that the resulting code will most definetelly be OS.

Re: UI development in Amber

Amber Milan Eskridge
No, I don't think so.

1. The repository is still online and accessable.
2. Cappuccino still exits, even though it is owned by a mayor competitor.