UI in Squeak

G R, Thushar

Hi all....

I was previously workin  in VisualWorks and now I have switched to squeak.Finding it very difficult to adjust with the lack of adequate tools and developing evironment in Squeak.Visualworks was much much better.So could any one tell me if there is anything like a UIPainter in squeak?I tried Tweak but it needs hell lot of unnessasary
coding to even open a spec or to add some widgets to it.pls give me your suggestions.

Thanks in Advance,

G R Thushar

Re: UI in Squeak

Damien Cassou-3
2007/5/31, G R, Thushar <[hidden email]>:
> I was previously workin  in VisualWorks and now I have switched to
> squeak.Finding it very difficult to adjust with the lack of adequate tools
> and developing evironment in Squeak.Visualworks was much much better.So
> could any one tell me if there is anything like a UIPainter in squeak?I
> tried Tweak but it needs hell lot of unnessasary coding to even open a spec
> or to add some widgets to it.pls give me your suggestions.

Hi,

I don't think there is a tool like UIPainter. However, we have two
great frameworks: ToolBuilder and OmniBrowser.

The first one is able to draw anything whereas the second is meant to
implement browsers of any kind (code browser, file browser...).

These frameworks are really easy to use. For ToolBuilder, I advise you
to have a look at the class TestRunner which is build on top of it.

--
Damien Cassou

RE: UI in Squeak

G R, Thushar
Hi Damien,

Thanks a lot. I needed an expert advice. Now I can proceed smoothly by
writing the code myself. If at all something like UIPainter was there
then I will be wasting my time to describe each and every button by
code.

One more thing.As I was using VW I think I got a bit lazy so if there is
any tools or parcels awailable in squeak that u constantly use to make
things better pls suggest the same to me...

Thanks again...

thushar

2007/5/31, G R, Thushar <[hidden email]>:
> I was previously workin  in VisualWorks and now I have switched to
> squeak.Finding it very difficult to adjust with the lack of adequate
tools
> and developing evironment in Squeak.Visualworks was much much
better.So
> could any one tell me if there is anything like a UIPainter in
squeak?I
> tried Tweak but it needs hell lot of unnessasary coding to even open a
spec
> or to add some widgets to it.pls give me your suggestions.

Hi,

I don't think there is a tool like UIPainter. However, we have two
great frameworks: ToolBuilder and OmniBrowser.

The first one is able to draw anything whereas the second is meant to
implement browsers of any kind (code browser, file browser...).

These frameworks are really easy to use. For ToolBuilder, I advise you
to have a look at the class TestRunner which is build on top of it.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: UI in Squeak

Damien Cassou-3
2007/5/31, G R, Thushar <[hidden email]>:
> One more thing.As I was using VW I think I got a bit lazy so if there is
> any tools or parcels awailable in squeak that u constantly use to make
> things better pls suggest the same to me...

Tools I always use to develop are included in the squeak-dev image:
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/.

Beta versions are based on Squeak 3.10 whereas normal versions are
based on 3.9. I always use the beta images and they are as stable as
3.9 based images.

--
Damien Cassou