UI stuff in parsing

Vincent Blondeau
Hi,

In developing moose on web, I wanted to use the MSE parsing to import by
the web an moose model.

Guillaume and I discover that the parsing trigs a job showing a progress
bar. This UI stuff is directly implemented in the parser
(FMMSEParser>>run) what is not really the way to do it according
Guillaume.... and I can't disable it easily for running the parsing on a
server...

What do you think ?

Cheers,
Vincent

Re: UI stuff in parsing

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi Vincent,

FMMSEParser basicRun shoudl do the trick

What's your end goal for this? Because most of what you can do with moose
is going to perform pretty bad over high latency slow bandwidth connections.

http://sealedabstract.com/rants/why-mobile-web-apps-are-slow/

Stephan

Re: UI stuff in parsing

Vincent Blondeau
Hi,
> Le 11/07/2013 17:53, Stephan Eggermont a écrit :
>> Hi Vincent,
>>
>> FMMSEParser basicRun should do the trick
Indeed, but I send the message MooseModel importFromMSEStream, which
call many methods before FMMSEParser basicRun included FMMSEParser run
containing the UIstuff. I don't want to rewrite them just for remove that.
>> What's your end goal for this? Because most of what you can do with
>> moose
>> is going to perform pretty bad over high latency slow bandwidth
>> connections.
>>
>> http://sealedabstract.com/rants/why-mobile-web-apps-are-slow/
The goal of the Moose on web project is sharing project analyses. We
want to deploy a moose platform on a server and accesses it from
computers. So the developers would be able to consult the models and see
the improvements they have to make on the code.

We don't want to use mobile platforms to see the models. The technology
is too slow for this.
However, what we do is synthesize the information. The moose is
accessible by blocks and, this, shorten the delay.

Have you seen the website in demo : http://37.139.2.203/client/ and the
API : http://37.139.2.203/API ?

>> Stephan

Re: UI stuff in parsing

Stéphane Ducasse
Vincent I think that if the server is in headless mode normally
the progress bar should not appear.

Stef

On Jul 12, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Vincent Blondeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>> Le 11/07/2013 17:53, Stephan Eggermont a écrit :
>>> Hi Vincent,
>>>
>>> FMMSEParser basicRun should do the trick
> Indeed, but I send the message MooseModel importFromMSEStream, which call many methods before FMMSEParser basicRun included FMMSEParser run containing the UIstuff. I don't want to rewrite them just for remove that.
>>> What's your end goal for this? Because most of what you can do with moose
>>> is going to perform pretty bad over high latency slow bandwidth connections.
>>>
>>> http://sealedabstract.com/rants/why-mobile-web-apps-are-slow/
> The goal of the Moose on web project is sharing project analyses. We want to deploy a moose platform on a server and accesses it from computers. So the developers would be able to consult the models and see the improvements they have to make on the code.
>
> We don't want to use mobile platforms to see the models. The technology is too slow for this.
> However, what we do is synthesize the information. The moose is accessible by blocks and, this, shorten the delay.
>
> Have you seen the website in demo : http://37.139.2.203/client/ and the API : http://37.139.2.203/API ?
>>

>>> Stephan

Re: UI stuff in parsing

Tudor Girba-2
Exactly. This should not be a problem.

Doru

On Jul 13, 2013, at 2:05 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Vincent I think that if the server is in headless mode normally
> the progress bar should not appear.
>
> Stef
>

> On Jul 12, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Vincent Blondeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>> Indeed, but I send the message MooseModel importFromMSEStream, which call many methods before FMMSEParser basicRun included FMMSEParser run containing the UIstuff. I don't want to rewrite them just for remove that.

>> The goal of the Moose on web project is sharing project analyses. We want to deploy a moose platform on a server and accesses it from computers. So the developers would be able to consult the models and see the improvements they have to make on the code.
>>
>> We don't want to use mobile platforms to see the models. The technology is too slow for this.
>> However, what we do is synthesize the information. The moose is accessible by blocks and, this, shorten the delay.
>>
>> Have you seen the website in demo : http://37.139.2.203/client/ and the API : http://37.139.2.203/API ?

www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."