UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Gary Chambers-4
Just an update... Although business work is busy I am managing to get closer
to a release :-)

I'll be asking some questions next week as to how people want to see things
packaged up and hosted.

In the mean time, some extra screenshots with code examples...

 http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213406097/
 http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1214268406/
 http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213402171/
 http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213400147/

Gary at pinesoft.co.uk.

RE: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Sebastian Sastre-2
Squeak deserves this good looking! Keep that great work man!

        cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Damien Cassou-3
Very nice. Please release something as soon as possible. I will try an
integration in future releases of squeak-dev.

Damien Cassou

Re: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Hilaire Fernandes-4
By curiosity. What are you using for layout ? Are you using the Morph
TableLayout mechanism ?

Hilaire

Gary Chambers a écrit :

> Just an update... Although business work is busy I am managing to get closer
> to a release :-)
>
> I'll be asking some questions next week as to how people want to see things
> packaged up and hosted.
>
> In the mean time, some extra screenshots with code examples...
>
>  http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213406097/
>  http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1214268406/
>  http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213402171/
>  http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213400147/
>
> Gary at pinesoft.co.uk.

RE: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Gary Chambers-4
Generally, yes. Though I have fixed up some of the issues with respect to
minWidth/height on a few morphs...

Gary Chambers a écrit :
> Generally, yes. Though I have fixed up some of the issues with respect to
> minWidth/height on a few morphs...

I am curious about that, because with some complex Morph using
TableLayout, I met some rendering problem.

Hilaire

Re: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Mikael Kindborg-2
Yes, such a good looking development environment out of the box would
surely appeal to developes. And of course make for good looking apps!
Nice to see such examples, great work.
Best, Micke

2007/8/23, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:

> Very nice. Please release something as soon as possible. I will try an
> integration in future releases of squeak-dev.
>
> 2007/8/23, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]>:
> > Just an update... Although business work is busy I am managing to get closer
> > to a release :-)
> >
> > I'll be asking some questions next week as to how people want to see things
> > packaged up and hosted.
> >
> > In the mean time, some extra screenshots with code examples...
> >
> >  http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213406097/
> >  http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1214268406/
> >  http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213402171/
> >  http://flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/1213400147/
> >
> > Gary at pinesoft.co.uk.
> >

> --
> Damien Cassou

Re: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Fabio Filasieno

On Aug 25, 2007, at 4:10 PM, Mikael Kindborg wrote:

I'm really impressed by the pictures. Great work!!!!

[...]

.\ Software Developer

RE: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Gary Chambers-4
Join the club! Mostly down to to dodgy min widths/heights...

> Generally, yes. Though I have fixed up some of the issues with respect
> to minWidth/height on a few morphs...

I am curious about that, because with some complex Morph using
TableLayout, I met some rendering problem.

Hilaire

RE: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Gary Chambers-4
Message
Should be next week for a first release. I'd like to redo some of the icons to avoid licence issues.

Re: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Hilaire Fernandes-4
It is great you did that because the Morphic system is worth using, and
in no time you can design whatever UI you want.
I am building a learning plate-form and Morph is a very very very
valuable UI to design interactive artefacts (some references at
http://www.istoa.net with some videos and download)

Hilaire

Gary Chambers a écrit :

> Join the club! Mostly down to to dodgy min widths/heights...

Well, I think the Widgets/UITheme stuff is ready for a first release :-)
Tested on a stock 3.9 image, not looked at 3.10 yet...

Consists of two Monticello packages:
        The main "Widgets" package including theme support and Morphic
fixes;
        An extra ToolBuilder package to integrate the new dialogs into the
environment
                (where UIManager is used at any rate, directly or
indirectly).

Looks nicer with Andy Tween's FreeType packages installed though will work
without.

Any suggestions as to how people want the packages submitted?
My SqueakMap account sadly points to an older email and I've forgotten the
password...

If people would like a script for setting preferences I can post here.

Gary.

Should be next week for a first release. I'd like to redo some of the icons
to avoid licence issues.

Re: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Nicolas Petton
Thank you for doing this !
Maybe you could make Universe packages ?

Nicolas

2007/8/29, Gary Chambers <[hidden email] >:
[...]

http://bioskop.wordpress.com

Re: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 8/29/07 10:48 AM, "Gary Chambers" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> and Morphic fixes;

Gary:

I suppose you do a Mantis report of ?
This way you Morphic fixes could go to 3.10 ...

Edgar

RE: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Gary Chambers-4
When I get a chance! ;-)

El 8/29/07 10:48 AM, "Gary Chambers" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> and Morphic fixes;

Gary:

I suppose you do a Mantis report of ?
This way you Morphic fixes could go to 3.10 ...

Edgar

RE: UI (was RE: A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments)

Gary Chambers-4
Hopefully all sorted now. "User Interface" category on the Development
universe... Let me know if there are any problems...