UIManager>>request: does not send ProvideAnswerNotification anymore

UIManager>>request: does not send ProvideAnswerNotification anymore

Damien Cassou
Hi,

it seems that calling #request: does not trigger a
ProvideAnswerNotification. This notification is used by
#valueSuppressingMessages:supplyingAnswers: to automatically fill text
requests.

Can somebody check that?

[UIManager default request: 'Please choose a username for\the
application ' withCRs , 'config' printString]
                valueSuppressingMessages: Array new supplyingAnswers:
(Array with: (Array with: '.*username.*' with: 'admin'))

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: UIManager>>request: does not sendProvideAnswerNotification anymore

Gary Chambers-4
Indeed this is the case with Polymorph. I'll see what I can do.

Regards, Gary

> it seems that calling #request: does not trigger a
> ProvideAnswerNotification. This notification is used by
> #valueSuppressingMessages:supplyingAnswers: to automatically fill text
> requests.
>
> Can somebody check that?
>
> [UIManager default request: 'Please choose a username for\the
> application ' withCRs , 'config' printString]
>                valueSuppressingMessages: Array new supplyingAnswers:
> (Array with: (Array with: '.*username.*' with: 'admin'))
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: UIManager>>request: does notsendProvideAnswerNotification anymore

Gary Chambers-4
In Polymorph-ToolBuilder-gvc.6 on SqueakSource.

Regards, Gary

notsendProvideAnswerNotification anymore

> Indeed this is the case with Polymorph. I'll see what I can do.
>
> Regards, Gary

Thank you very much Gary.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> it seems that calling #request: does not trigger a
> ProvideAnswerNotification. This notification is used by
> #valueSuppressingMessages:supplyingAnswers: to automatically fill text
> requests.
>
> Can somebody check that?
>
> [UIManager default request: 'Please choose a username for\the
> application ' withCRs , 'config' printString]
>                valueSuppressingMessages: Array new supplyingAnswers:
> (Array with: (Array with: '.*username.*' with: 'admin'))

It seems #confirm: have the same problem. Could you please fix that too:

[UIManager default confirm: 'blah blah']
              valueSupplyingAnswers: {{'blah blah' . true}}.

Opens a dialog but should just return true directly.

Bye