URGENT: Pharo 8 Needs Stable Version Update

URGENT: Pharo 8 Needs Stable Version Update

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
How do we update https://files.pharo.org/image/80/stable-64.zip?

The "emergency evaluator on warning" issue [1] is fixed, but Launcher is
still serving a pre-fix image under "Official distributions". This seems
like a critical issue as new users may be immediately put off. FYI as a
workaround select the latest snapshot from the "Pharo 8.0" build templates
further down in the tree.

1. https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/5545

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: URGENT: Pharo 8 Needs Stable Version Update

EstebanLM
Done

> On 24 Jan 2020, at 17:57, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How do we update https://files.pharo.org/image/80/stable-64.zip?
>
> The "emergency evaluator on warning" issue [1] is fixed, but Launcher is
> still serving a pre-fix image under "Official distributions". This seems
> like a critical issue as new users may be immediately put off. FYI as a
> workaround select the latest snapshot from the "Pharo 8.0" build templates
> further down in the tree.
>
> 1. https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/5545
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: URGENT: Pharo 8 Needs Stable Version Update

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
> Done

I see the new 8.0.1 release tag, but the URL still downloads 8.0.0
(bbcdf97). Is there another step?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: URGENT: Pharo 8 Needs Stable Version Update

EstebanLM
Which url?
I don’t know well how pharo launcher works, but zeroconf is downloading the correct version.

but there is a bug somewhere and the naming/versioning still shows 8.0.0 while it should show 8.0.1.

Esteban

> On 24 Jan 2020, at 22:31, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> EstebanLM wrote
>> Done
>
> I see the new 8.0.1 release tag, but the URL still downloads 8.0.0
> (bbcdf97). Is there another step?
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: URGENT: Pharo 8 Needs Stable Version Update

EstebanLM
Mmm. There is an error in the CI and it did not uploaded the stable*.zip archives (while it did the latest).
I uploaded them by hand but we need to review the process (problem is now I cannot test it in my machine anymore, I need to prepare an environment)

> On 25 Jan 2020, at 07:30, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Which url?
> I don’t know well how pharo launcher works, but zeroconf is downloading the correct version.
>
> but there is a bug somewhere and the naming/versioning still shows 8.0.0 while it should show 8.0.1.
>
> Esteban
>
>> On 24 Jan 2020, at 22:31, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> EstebanLM wrote
>>> Done
>>
>> I see the new 8.0.1 release tag, but the URL still downloads 8.0.0
>> (bbcdf97). Is there another step?
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: URGENT: Pharo 8 Needs Stable Version Update

ducasse
thanks esteban.
We should take the time to bullet proof our process.

S.