URLPresenter reload page

rush
Hi,

how to reliably reload web page in URLPresenter? I have been using:

previewPresenter model
    setValue: url;
    notifyChanged

but for instance on one machine with IE5.0 and win98 the page does not get
reloaded, and old version of the page is shown.

Is there some method I could call on the URLPresenter to ensure that it does
reload?

rush

Re: URLPresenter reload page

Bill Schwab-2
> how to reliably reload web page in URLPresenter? I have been using:
>
> previewPresenter model
>     setValue: url;
>     notifyChanged
>
> but for instance on one machine with IE5.0 and win98 the page does not get
> reloaded, and old version of the page is shown.
>
> Is there some method I could call on the URLPresenter to ensure that it
does
> reload?

I hesitate to promise reliability on a Microsoft platform :)  With that
caveat, try #Refresh???

Have a good one,

Bill

---
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: URLPresenter reload page

Stefan Schmiedl
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:36:47 +0200,
rush <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how to reliably reload web page in URLPresenter? I have been using:
>
> previewPresenter model
>     setValue: url;
>     notifyChanged
>
> but for instance on one machine with IE5.0 and win98 the page does not get
> reloaded, and old version of the page is shown.

if it's just this one machine, maybe it's in the Internet Settings?
There is a switch for when the page will be updated ... I usually
check "every time".

s.

Re: URLPresenter reload page

rush
"Bill Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:an1el4$a63jg$[hidden email]...
> I hesitate to promise reliability on a Microsoft platform :)  With that
> caveat, try #Refresh???

hm.. I must be missing something obvious, but URLPresenter does not
understand #refresh or #Refresh, nor does it's view.

rush¾

Re: URLPresenter reload page

rush
"Stefan Schmiedl" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:an1f6v$9rd71$[hidden email]...

> if it's just this one machine, maybe it's in the Internet Settings?
> There is a switch for when the page will be updated ... I usually
> check "every time".

well, I have not tried on other win98+IE5 . But if I open the IE program on
this machine, and click on the reload, the page does get reloaded. I take
this as a sign that I am doing something wrong from the Dolphin side.

rush

Re: URLPresenter reload page

Bill Schwab-2
> hm.. I must be missing something obvious, but URLPresenter does not
> understand #refresh or #Refresh, nor does it's view.

It's somewhere in the IDispatch jumble related to the web browser; you might
have to drill down into the model of the presenter, or maybe track it down
through one of the Microsoft "object models" :(

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: URLPresenter reload page

rush
"Bill Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:an1lka$aedgv$[hidden email]...
> > hm.. I must be missing something obvious, but URLPresenter does not
> > understand #refresh or #Refresh, nor does it's view.
>
> It's somewhere in the IDispatch jumble related to the web browser; you
might
> have to drill down into the model of the presenter, or maybe track it down
> through one of the Microsoft "object models" :(

Thanks Bill!

It seems to me that:

urlPresenter view controlDispatch Refresh

might do the trick.

rush

Re: URLPresenter reload page

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Rush,

> how to reliably reload web page in URLPresenter? I have been using:
>
> previewPresenter model
>     setValue: url;
>     notifyChanged
>
> but for instance on one machine with IE5.0 and win98 the page does not get
> reloaded, and old version of the page is shown.
>
> Is there some method I could call on the URLPresenter to ensure that it
does
> reload?

Not sure of the best approach to ensure this, but for the Dolphin problem
you could try:

    previewPresenter model comparisonPolicy: SearchPolicy never

Then:
   previewPresenter value: 'http://..'.
   previewPresenter value: 'http://..'

(or just force a #valueChanged event to be triggered from the
previewPresenter's model.)

==
If the problem is cache related, you could try adding the following to
IWebBrowser2:

    navigateNoCacheTo: url
       ^self navigate: url flags: 16r4 targetFrameName: nil postData: nil
headers: nil

I dug this method out of an old image, from memory it forces IE to validated
its cached copy of the page. When all else fails to get around a nasty
cache, you can always try adding an dummy query to the url, ie "?" or
"?a=b".

==
While this isnt related to your problem, I believe there is a bug in
WebBrowserShell>>OnBeforeNavigate2:URL:Flags:TargetFrameName:PostData:Header
s:Cancel: that can give the appearance of a page not loading. I
believe that a better place to update the urlPresenter is in the
OnDocumentComplete:URL: event handler to avoid problems with frames and
redirections.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Steve Waring