Ubuntu ppa - How is it made?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Is it built from sources? How does it solve the 32-bit lib problem?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Ubuntu ppa - How is it made?

NorbertHartl

> Am 15.04.2015 um 13:28 schrieb Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]>:
>
> Is it built from sources? How does it solve the 32-bit lib problem?

Yes it is built from sources. In the older distributions there were explicit 32bit packages, e.g. the infamous ia32-libs. Later they introduced architectures in the mix, so you can add a  package:i386 to select the i386 version of it. Taking this it is just a matter of putting the right dependencies in the package file.

Norbert

Re: Ubuntu ppa - How is it made?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
NorbertHartl wrote
Taking this it is just a matter of putting the right dependencies in the package file.
Is our process documented somewhere? Could it be automated e.g. by our CI?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Ubuntu ppa - How is it made?

Markus Fritsche-4

Re: Ubuntu ppa - How is it made?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Markus Fritsche-4 wrote
the scripts I am using
Thanks! I will have a look...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Ubuntu ppa - How is it made?

Damien Cassou

Markus Fritsche <[hidden email]> writes:

> Damien Cassou originally created the scripts I am using. There are a few
> manual steps involved that can be IMO automated.
>
> Look at
> https://github.com/mfritsche/pharo-ubuntu/tree/master/pharo-vm-core-i386
> https://github.com/mfritsche/pharo-ubuntu/tree/master/pharo-launcher
> https://github.com/mfritsche/pharo-ubuntu/tree/master/pharo-vm

please update the scripts at
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-ubuntu instead of having your own
repositories. This looks more professional and everybody can find/modify
them more easily.

The only thing that can't easily be automated I think is the GPG signing.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill