Ubuntu

Jeff Gray
Hi all,
I installed Pharo on a linux box yesterday.
Some very strange mouse behaviour. In my workspace whenever I left clicked it selected an area and then after minimising and maximising it instead just bought up the System menu.

I had downloaded the VM and sources file but for image and changes I used a file that I have been working on previously in Windows. Is that the problem?

Re: Ubuntu

Igor Stasenko
On 4 March 2011 00:24, Jeff Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I installed Pharo on a linux box yesterday.
> Some very strange mouse behaviour. In my workspace whenever I left clicked
> it selected an area and then after minimising and maximising it instead just
> bought up the System menu.

maybe you meant 'right-clicking'?

just go to settings and change the 'swap mouse buttons' setting.
See if it can help.

> I had downloaded the VM and sources file but for image and changes I used a
> file that I have been working on previously in Windows. Is that the problem?

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Ubuntu

JerryAttrick
I have noticed similar strange mouse menu behaviour when CAPS LOCK is on.  This is the same with Squeak. I am using both on Linpus, a Fedora derivative.  Could this be your problem?  I used to get very frustrated and wondered about image corruption.  Then I kicked myself to see the little CAPS LOCK light!

Jerry

Re: Ubuntu

Mariano Martinez Peck
hehheheheh seems everybody have the same problem. I feel less alone now ;)
I remember....it was already 2 years ago...but still today, when something weird happens in my image, I look the caps lock light hehehehehe

BTW, maybe we should add an entry in the FAQ ?  If so, please prepare one and we include it.

cheers

mariano

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras <[hidden email]> wrote:
the same happened to me on Ubuntu when the CAPS LOCK is on.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 9:18 AM, JerryAttrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have noticed similar strange mouse menu behaviour when CAPS LOCK is on.
This is the same with Squeak. I am using both on Linpus, a Fedora
derivative.  Could this be your problem?  I used to get very frustrated and
wondered about image corruption.  Then I kicked myself to see the little
CAPS LOCK light!

Jerry

Re: Ubuntu

DougEdmunds
Search for: "disable caps lock in linux"

Plenty of sites tell you how-to, including for Ubuntu.

-dae

Re: Ubuntu

Jeff Gray
It's not caps lock. I think it went wrong when I used the Collapse all windows menu item.
Now I can see a number of open windows as icons. Left or right clicking the icon brings up the World menu.
I can open a new browser or workspace but if I minimise them then I can't get back.
I can also click Expand all windows in the Windows menu and each window flashes into place before being minimised again.
Tres etrange!

Re: Ubuntu

Markus Schlager-2
That's the same problem several of my pupils have benn expiriencing - also
on ubuntu:

http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-users/2011-February/001482.html

Markus