Ubuntu users

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

I hope this is simply irresponsible FUD, but one possible explanation for my image meltdown yesterday is that it was fried in copying to a USB stick.  I have also been messing around with FFI, which is another way things could have gone bad.  Attempts to load the bad image end in "Read failed or premature end of image file."

I am asking myself whether unmounting USB drives is working as well as it did prior to some updates that came out last week.  Any thoughts?  Backups are always a good idea, and you might want to be a little extra careful until experience proves me wrong.

Bill

Re: Ubuntu users

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I hope this is simply irresponsible FUD, but one possible explanation for my image meltdown yesterday is that it was fried in copying to a USB stick.

The only thing I am aware of about USB is this:

Although I don't think it is related.