Ugly construct of spans embedded in a paragraph

tty

Ugly construct of spans embedded in a paragraph

tty
Good day.

I am creating an Example Browser modeled on the Twitter Bootstrap work.

If my server is running (I turn it off when I am not at the office) you can see the work in progress here:  http://72.250.235.143/zurb

Under Browse Examples->(Menu icon top left corner)->Media->Basic Tool Tip

I am recreating the example of the Zurb Documentation here: https://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/tooltip.html#basic-tooltip

My problem is this construct:

I can do it, but it is not elegant:

renderExampleOn: html
html paragraph
with:[html text: 'The '.
html zurbSpan
beTooltip;
dataTooltip;
ariaHasPopup:'true';
dataDisableHover:'false';
tabIndex:1;
title:'Fancy word for a beetle.';
with:[html text: 'scarabaeus'].
].
html text: 'hung quite clear of any branches, and, if allowed to fall, would have fallen at our feet. Legrand immediately took the scythe, and cleared with it a '.
html zurbSpan
beTooltip;
dataTooltip;
ariaHasPopup:'true';
dataDisableHover:'false';
tabIndex:1;
title:'Fancy word for a beetle.';
with:[html text: 'circular space'].
html text: ' three or four yards in diameter, just beneath the insect, and, having accomplished this, ordered Jupiter to let go the string and come down from the tree.'

Which I think you will agree is not elegant.

Can I use method variables for the zurbSpans and do a html render:foo ?

I will try that..brb

Re: Ugly construct of spans embedded in a paragraph

Esteban A. Maringolo

> My problem is this construct:

> I can do it, but it is not elegant:

Well, you're not comparing apples with apples, because the required
html construct is more complex than that.

And it is something like this:
data-disable-hover="false" tabindex="1" title="Fancy word for a
beetle.">popup info</span> continue the paragraph text </p>

Seaside can be very succinct for some cases, and extremely verbose in
others, what you can implement is something like zurbTooltip: aString,
that could  do something like

WAGenericTag>>#zurbTooltip: aString

  self
     beTooltip;
     dataTooltip;
     ariaHasPopup: true;
     dataDisableHover:'false';
     title: aString

 And then in your code you can do something like.

renderExampleOn: html

html paragraph with:[
    html text: 'The '.
    html zurbSpan
       zurbTooltip:'Fancy word for a beetle.';
       with:[html text: 'scarabaeus'].
     html text: 'hung quite clear of any branches, and, if allowed to
fall, would have fallen at our feet']

I don't know whether the options in zurbTooltip: are reasonable
defaults, but if they are then the code will be more compact.

Also I don't know if the tooltip can be applied to <span> tags or to
any tag (as in Bootstrap), I assumed the later otherwise you'd have to
implement zurbTooltip: in the proper subclass of WAGenericTag.

Esteban A. Maringolo
tty

Re: Ugly construct of spans embedded in a paragraph

tty
Thank you. I will explore that route tonight

---- On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 10:02:13 -0400 [hidden email] wrote ----

> My problem is this construct:

> I can do it, but it is not elegant:

Well, you're not comparing apples with apples, because the required
html construct is more complex than that.

And it is something like this:
data-disable-hover="false" tabindex="1" title="Fancy word for a
beetle.">popup info</span> continue the paragraph text </p>

Seaside can be very succinct for some cases, and extremely verbose in
others, what you can implement is something like zurbTooltip: aString,
that could do something like

WAGenericTag>>#zurbTooltip: aString

self
beTooltip;
dataTooltip;
ariaHasPopup: true;
dataDisableHover:'false';
title: aString

And then in your code you can do something like.

renderExampleOn: html

html paragraph with:[
html text: 'The '.
html zurbSpan
zurbTooltip:'Fancy word for a beetle.';
with:[html text: 'scarabaeus'].
html text: 'hung quite clear of any branches, and, if allowed to
fall, would have fallen at our feet']

I don't know whether the options in zurbTooltip: are reasonable
defaults, but if they are then the code will be more compact.

Also I don't know if the tooltip can be applied to <span> tags or to
any tag (as in Bootstrap), I assumed the later otherwise you'd have to
implement zurbTooltip: in the proper subclass of WAGenericTag.

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Ugly construct of spans embedded in a paragraph

BrunoBB

Hi,

How did you build this Lateral Menu ?

regards,

bruno

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

tty

Re: Ugly construct of spans embedded in a paragraph

tty
Hi bruno

https://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/off-canvas.html

If you wan the source code, I am stashing occasional .mcz files for the project here:

Caveat...I am running with nginx ...the application does not use FileLibrary at the moment, so all the css, js and image files are on retrieved by nginx.

Here is my nginx.conf:

worker_processes  1;
error_log logs/error.log;
events {
    worker_connections 1024;
}
http {
    include    mime.types;
    upstream database {
       postgres_server 127.0.0.1 dbname=[DATABASENAME] user=[USERNAME] password=[PASSWORD];
    }
    server {
        listen 80;
        server_name [IP ADDRESS];

        location / {
            root  [PATH TO YOUR ZURB FOUNDATION FILES]/public_html/zurb;
            default_type text/html;

        }
        location /css {
            root  [PATH TO YOUR ZURB FOUNDATION FILES]/public_html/zurb;
            default_type text/css;
            add_header Content-Type: text/css;
        }

        location /js {
            root  [PATH TO YOUR ZURB FOUNDATION FILES]/public_html/zurb;
            default_type application/javascript;
            add_header Content-Type: application/javascript;
        }
        location /images {
            root  [PATH TO YOUR ZURB FOUNDATION FILES]/public_html/zurb;
            default_type  image/svg+xml;
            add_header Content-Type: image/svg+xml;
        }

        location /debug {