Unable to find the compiler

Mark Neagu
Hi,

I'm starting my first exrcise in Pharo Mooc. I just wrote the definition of MyCounter (picture 1) and had to compile it by selecting the accept menu item (picture 2).

But I can't find any menu, so i can't compile MyCounter.

Could you help me please?

Regards,
Mark

MyCounter.jpg (255K) Download Attachment
Page from Pharo Mooc.jpg (470K) Download Attachment

Re: Unable to find the compiler

CyrilFerlicot
On 10/02/2017 23:58, Mark Neagu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting my first exrcise in Pharo Mooc. I just wrote the definition of MyCounter (picture 1) and had to compile it by selecting the accept menu item (picture 2).

Hi,

You did a left click on what we call the "world" (the background of
Pharo). To get the right menu you need to do a *right* click on the
*code panel*. (See: https://puu.sh/tXu99/f11df69e74.png)

But if you keep using Pharo you'll end up using the shortcut that is:
CMD + S or CTRL + S depending on the OS :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Unable to find the compiler

SergeStinckwich
You should replace also NameOfsubclass with MyCounter.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 11/02/2017 à 10:38, Mark Neagu a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I first tried to find the code panel but I can't see it in my Pharo: no
> panel is titled "code panel" ans nothing looks like
> "https://puu.sh/tXu99/f11df69e74.png".
>
> I then tried CMD + S or CTRL + S but it didn't work either.
>
> My computer works Under Windows 7 Édition Familiale Premium 64 bits
> Service Pack 1, that is Windows, isn't it? :)
>
> To summarize I'm still in trouble.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

Following this link you should find a video showing how I do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrzVCuXkP8

I save a first class using the menu then a second using the shortcut.