Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Federico.Balaguer
I would like to check if I need to use SmaCC for a project. I tried to
install it on Pharo 6.1 32bits with iceberg but I was not able to do it.

Then I tried to get SmaCC on an Pharo5 and Pharo6  images with "Catalog
Browser" but I was not able to do it neither. The tool did pop up a message
saying that Smacc was not tested for Pharo6 which was nice.

Then I tried to clone the git repository to my local machine,  I pointed
iceberg to that local repository and then I loaded each package by hand. I
was able to load BaselineOfSmaccBrowser but SmaCC-Rewrite-Engine failed to
load with a debugger with a list of classes and methods that are missing
(they are listed at the end of this message).

Could some give an idea how to fix this?

Thanks. Federico

This package depends on the following classes:
  SmaCCStringInterval
  SmaCCParseNodeVisitor
  SmaCCScanner
  SmaCCParseNode
  SmaCCParser
  SmaCCString
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
definitions:
  SmaCCAnnotatedString
  SmaCCAnnotatedString>>#addAnnotationTo:
  SmaCCAnnotatedString>>#intervalClass
  SmaCCAnnotatedString>>#newIntervalFor:
  SmaCCAnnotatedString>>#node
  SmaCCAnnotatedString>>#node:
  SmaCCAnnotatedString>>#removeInterval:
  SmaCCAnnotatedString>>#rule
  SmaCCAnnotatedString>>#rule:
  SmaCCAnnotatedStringInterval
  SmaCCAnnotatedStringInterval>>#addAllAnnotations:
  SmaCCAnnotatedStringInterval>>#addAnnotation:
  SmaCCAnnotatedStringInterval>>#annotations
  SmaCCAnnotatedStringInterval>>#annotations:
  SmaCCAnnotatedStringInterval>>#canBeMergedWith:
  SmaCCAnnotatedStringInterval>>#postCopy
  SmaCCCodeReplaceExpression
  SmaCCCodeReplaceExpression>>#acceptVisitor:
  SmaCCCodeReplaceExpression>>#code
  SmaCCCodeReplaceExpression>>#code:
  SmaCCCodeReplaceExpression>>#evaluateInContext:
  SmaCCCodeReplaceExpression>>#method
  SmaCCCodeReplaceExpression>>#tokenVariables
  SmaCCCompositeReplaceExpression
  SmaCCCompositeReplaceExpression>>#acceptVisitor:
  SmaCCCompositeReplaceExpression>>#compositeNodeVariables
  SmaCCCompositeReplaceExpression>>#evaluateInContext:
  SmaCCCompositeReplaceExpression>>#expressions
  SmaCCCompositeReplaceExpression>>#expressions:
  SmaCCCompositeReplaceExpression>>#initialize
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#acceptVisitor:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#addPostfixTo:inContext:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#addPrefixTo:inContext:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#afterPostfix
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#afterPostfix:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#afterWhitespace
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#afterWhitespace:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#beforePrefix
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#beforePrefix:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#beforeWhitespace
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#beforeWhitespace:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#evaluateInContext:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#name
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#name:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#postfix
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#postfix:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#prefix
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#prefix:
  SmaCCNodeReplaceExpression>>#tokenVariables
  SmaCCReplaceExpression
  SmaCCReplaceExpression>>#acceptVisitor:
  SmaCCReplaceExpression>>#evaluateInContext:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#cacheId
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#definitionComment
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#scannerClass
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#startingStateForExpression
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForCodeReplace1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForExpression1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForNodeReplace1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForPostfixModifiers1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForPrefixModifiers1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForPrefixModifiers2:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForRewriteExpression3:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForRewriteExpressions1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForRewriteExpressions2:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForStringReplace1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForSwitchStateToCode1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForSwitchStateToDefault1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceActionForSwitchStateToExpression1:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#reduceTable
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#symbolNames
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#symbolTypes
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionParser>>#transitionTable
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner>>#codeExpressionId
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner>>#emptySymbolTokenId
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner>>#errorTokenId
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner>>#isValidCode
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner>>#next
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner>>#scanCode
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner>>#scanForToken
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionScanner>>#scanForTokenX1
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionVisitor
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionVisitor>>#visitCodeReplace:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionVisitor>>#visitCompositeReplace:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionVisitor>>#visitNodeReplace:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionVisitor>>#visitReplace:
  SmaCCReplaceExpressionVisitor>>#visitStringReplace:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#cacheId
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#definitionComment
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#fileExtension
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#fileExtensionType
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#parseFile:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#scannerClass
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#startingStateForFile
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#filename:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#lookupClass:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForComment2:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForFile1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForImport1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForMatch1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForMatch2:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForMatch3:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForMatch4:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForParserClass1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForRule1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForRule2:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForRule3:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForRules1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForRules2:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForRules3:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForRules4:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForStartSmalltalkExpression1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForStartStringExpression1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForTransformation1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForTransformation2:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForVariable1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForVariable2:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForVariableList1:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceActionForVariableList2:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#reduceTable
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#scanSmalltalkExpression
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#scanStringExpression
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#symbolNames
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#transitionTable
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileParser>>#tryAllTokens
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#initializeKeywordMap
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#rewriter
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#rewriter:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#emptySymbolTokenId
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#errorTokenId
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#fixExpression:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#isValidSmalltalk:
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scan1
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scan2
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scan3
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scan4
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForToken
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX1
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX2
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX3
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX4
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX5
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX6
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX7
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanSmalltalkExpression
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanStringExpression
  SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#tokenActions
  SmaCCStringReplaceExpression
  SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#acceptVisitor:
  SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#evaluateInContext:
  SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#string
  SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#string:
  SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#tokenVariables

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Thierry Goubier
Hi Frederico,

could you try in a Pharo6.1 image

Metacello new
        baseline: 'SmaCC';
        repository: 'github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC';
        load

SmaCC has a fairly complex set of dependencies, so loading it via the
baseline should be the preferred way.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions on SmaCC.

Regards,

Thierry

Le 09/11/2017 à 19:06, Federico.Balaguer a écrit :

> [...]
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scan3
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scan4
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForToken
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX1
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX2
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX3
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX4
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX5
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX6
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX7
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanSmalltalkExpression
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanStringExpression
>    SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#tokenActions
>    SmaCCStringReplaceExpression
>    SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#acceptVisitor:
>    SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#evaluateInContext:
>    SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#string
>    SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#string:
>    SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#tokenVariables

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

It works! Thanks a lot and I will be asking questions for sure.

Thanks for your quick reply

Federico

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Federico.Balaguer
I am following this tutorial

http://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/booklet-Smacc/2017-05-05-Smacc-Spiral.pdf

I typed the first example and when I try to compile either LR(1) or LALR(1)
there is a pop-up saying that both clases where not specified. I also tried
adding the classes for the scanner and parser manually but I got the result.

There are a couple other things in the tutorial at the very start that
didn't add up. I can send an annotated pdf if that is of any help

Thanks!!

Federico

Le 09/11/2017 à 20:15, Federico.Balaguer a écrit :
> I am following this tutorial
>
> http://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/booklet-Smacc/2017-05-05-Smacc-Spiral.pdf
>
> I typed the first example and when I try to compile either LR(1) or LALR(1)
> there is a pop-up saying that both clases where not specified. I also tried
> adding the classes for the scanner and parser manually but I got the result.

Yes. I changed the GUI and that means I need to update the booklet.

This part:

• Edit the definition the pane below the compile LR(1) buttons.
• Once you are done:
– Click on the Scanner class and type ExpressionScanner.
– Click on the Parser class and type ExpressionParser.
• press either Compiler LR(1) or Compiled LALR(1) buttons.

Should now be:

• Edit the definition the pane below the compile LR(1) buttons.
• Once you are done:
– Type ExpressionParser and return in the text field left of Parser:.
• press either Compiler LR(1) or Compiled LALR(1) buttons.

> There are a couple other things in the tutorial at the very start that
> didn't add up. I can send an annotated pdf if that is of any help

Yes, that would be very helpfull!

Thanks,

Thierry

> Thanks!!
>
> Federico

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Stephane Ducasse-3
Yes thierry :) your turn now :)

Stef

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Thierry Goubier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 09/11/2017 à 20:15, Federico.Balaguer a écrit :
>>
>> I am following this tutorial
>>

>> http://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/booklet-Smacc/2017-05-05-Smacc-Spiral.pdf
>>
>> I typed the first example and when I try to compile either LR(1) or
>> LALR(1)
>> there is a pop-up saying that both clases where not specified. I also
>> tried
>> adding the classes for the scanner and parser manually but I got the
>> result.
>

> Yes. I changed the GUI and that means I need to update the booklet.
>
> This part:
>
> • Edit the definition the pane below the compile LR(1) buttons.
> • Once you are done:
> – Click on the Scanner class and type ExpressionScanner.
> – Click on the Parser class and type ExpressionParser.
> • press either Compiler LR(1) or Compiled LALR(1) buttons.
>
> Should now be:
>
> • Edit the definition the pane below the compile LR(1) buttons.
> • Once you are done:
> – Type ExpressionParser and return in the text field left of Parser:.
> • press either Compiler LR(1) or Compiled LALR(1) buttons.
>
>> There are a couple other things in the tutorial at the very start that
>> didn't add up. I can send an annotated pdf if that is of any help
>

> Yes, that would be very helpfull!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thierry
>

>> Thanks!!
>>
>> Federico
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thierry andrew would like to write a new chapter. Now as soon as you
fix the current version I will publish it on the books.pharo.org

stef

Le 09/11/2017 à 21:02, Stephane Ducasse a écrit :
> Yes thierry :) your turn now :)

That's will be harder than I expected. I have issues in the LaTeX setup
used by the booklet.

Thierry

> Stef
>
> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Thierry Goubier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Le 09/11/2017 à 20:15, Federico.Balaguer a écrit :
>>>
>>> I am following this tutorial
>>>

>>> http://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/booklet-Smacc/2017-05-05-Smacc-Spiral.pdf
>>>
>>> I typed the first example and when I try to compile either LR(1) or
>>> LALR(1)
>>> there is a pop-up saying that both clases where not specified. I also
>>> tried
>>> adding the classes for the scanner and parser manually but I got the
>>> result.
>>

>> Yes. I changed the GUI and that means I need to update the booklet.
>>
>> This part:
>>
>> • Edit the definition the pane below the compile LR(1) buttons.
>> • Once you are done:
>> – Click on the Scanner class and type ExpressionScanner.
>> – Click on the Parser class and type ExpressionParser.
>> • press either Compiler LR(1) or Compiled LALR(1) buttons.
>>
>> Should now be:
>>
>> • Edit the definition the pane below the compile LR(1) buttons.
>> • Once you are done:
>> – Type ExpressionParser and return in the text field left of Parser:.
>> • press either Compiler LR(1) or Compiled LALR(1) buttons.
>>
>>> There are a couple other things in the tutorial at the very start that
>>> didn't add up. I can send an annotated pdf if that is of any help
>>

>> Yes, that would be very helpfull!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thierry
>>

>>> Thanks!!
>>>
>>> Federico
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Hannes Hirzel
On 11/9/17, Federico.Balaguer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to check if I need to use SmaCC for a project. I tried to
> install it on Pharo 6.1 32bits with iceberg but I was not able to do it.
>
> Then I tried to get SmaCC on an Pharo5

I just loaded SmaCC into a Pharo 5 - 32bit image. It worked fine.
Make sure that you have opened a Transcript window before loading
SmaCC through the catalog. This way you see if there are problems.

I loaded the 'stable' version and got on the Transcript what I copy in below.

--Hannes

ConfigurationOfSmaCC class>>updateSmalltalkhubSmaCC
(MCFileTreeGitRemoteRepository is Undeclared)

Fetched -> BaselineOfSmaCC-ThierryGoubier.8 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Loaded -> BaselineOfSmaCC-ThierryGoubier.8 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Project: SmaCC baseline
Fetched -> SmaCC-Source-Editing-ThierryGoubier.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Runtime-ThierryGoubier.10 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-GLR-Runtime-ThierryGoubier.4 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Development-ThierryGoubier.41 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Development-UI-ThierryGoubier.31 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Rewrite-Engine-ThierryGoubier.6 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Smalltalk-Parser-ThierryGoubier.6 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-C-Parser-ThierryGoubier.5 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-CSV-ThierryGoubier.3 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-CSharp-ThierryGoubier.8 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Cucumber-ThierryGoubier.9 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Javascript-ThierryGoubier.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Java-ThierryGoubier.9 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Fetched -> SmaCC-Python-ThierryGoubier.44 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1
Loaded -> SmaCC-Source-Editing-ThierryGoubier.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Runtime-ThierryGoubier.10 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-GLR-Runtime-ThierryGoubier.4 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Development-ThierryGoubier.41 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Development-UI-ThierryGoubier.31 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Rewrite-Engine-ThierryGoubier.6 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Smalltalk-Parser-ThierryGoubier.6 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-C-Parser-ThierryGoubier.5 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-CSV-ThierryGoubier.3 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-CSharp-ThierryGoubier.8 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Cucumber-ThierryGoubier.9 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Javascript-ThierryGoubier.1 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Java-ThierryGoubier.9 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
Loaded -> SmaCC-Python-ThierryGoubier.44 ---
github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC:v2.0.5.1 --- cache
...finished 2.0.5.1

> [...]

>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scan3
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scan4
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForToken
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX1
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX2
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX3
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX4
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX5
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX6
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanForTokenX7
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanSmalltalkExpression
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#scanStringExpression
>   SmaCCRewriteRuleFileScanner>>#tokenActions
>   SmaCCStringReplaceExpression
>   SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#acceptVisitor:
>   SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#evaluateInContext:
>   SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#string
>   SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#string:
>   SmaCCStringReplaceExpression>>#tokenVariables

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Hi thierry

we are working and soon we will have a much simpler installation and
everything :)
Now just commit and I will check and fix :)

Stef

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Thierry Goubier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 09/11/2017 à 21:02, Stephane Ducasse a écrit :
>>
>> Yes thierry :) your turn now :)
>

> That's will be harder than I expected. I have issues in the LaTeX setup used
> by the booklet.
>
> Thierry
>

>> Stef
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Thierry Goubier
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Yes. I changed the GUI and that means I need to update the booklet.
>>>
>>> This part:
>>>
>>> • Edit the definition the pane below the compile LR(1) buttons.
>>> • Once you are done:
>>> – Click on the Scanner class and type ExpressionScanner.
>>> – Click on the Parser class and type ExpressionParser.
>>> • press either Compiler LR(1) or Compiled LALR(1) buttons.
>>>
>>> Should now be:
>>>
>>> • Edit the definition the pane below the compile LR(1) buttons.
>>> • Once you are done:
>>> – Type ExpressionParser and return in the text field left of Parser:.
>>> • press either Compiler LR(1) or Compiled LALR(1) buttons.

>>> Yes, that would be very helpfull!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Thierry

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Thierry Goubier
Hi Steff,

Le 10/11/2017 à 19:17, Stephane Ducasse a écrit :
> Hi thierry
>
> we are working and soon we will have a much simpler installation and
> everything :)

Out of a minimal image? That would be very cool.

> Now just commit and I will check and fix :)

I committed, created a pull request and merged. It should be Ok apart from:

- can hyphenating be desactivated in ==sequences==? It is allways
strange to see a class name or a method name split by a hypen, like in
SmaCC-Parser

- how does one writes a reference to a section or a chapter?

Thierry

> Stef
>
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Thierry Goubier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Le 09/11/2017 à 21:02, Stephane Ducasse a écrit :
>>>
>>> Yes thierry :) your turn now :)
>>

>> That's will be harder than I expected. I have issues in the LaTeX setup used
>> by the booklet.
>>
>> Thierry
>>

>>> Stef

Re: Unable to load SmaCC on pharo6 (or pharo5)

Stephane Ducasse-3

>> Hi thierry
>>
>> we are working and soon we will have a much simpler installation and
>> everything :)
>

> Out of a minimal image? That would be very cool.

Uh?
The problem is latex and not Pharo here.
Guille removes the need for makefiles and clean the archetypes
we will be able to move on.

>> Now just commit and I will check and fix :)
>

> I committed, created a pull request and merged. It should be Ok apart from:
>
> - can hyphenating be desactivated in ==sequences==? It is allways strange to
> see a class name or a method name split by a hypen, like in SmaCC-Parser

No

*@xxx*