Unable to type some czech characters

Bc. Martin Zúber
Hello,

I have tried to write some czech text in Pharo, but have found some problems
with characters. Have anyone found similiar problem? Here is description of
the situation:

SMALL CAPS C CARON U+010D:
    - when written directy (key "4") pharo writes EOL
    - when typed using dead key CARON and then "c", the char si shown
normally in editor
SMALL CAPS E CARON U+011B:
    - unable to write the char directly (key "2" or CARON+e)
    - pressing two times the key "2" opens the menu "do it, print it..."

All these chars can be typed in upper case using the dead key CARON and the
char in upper case including upper E CARON.

My environment: Windows Vista SP 1 Home Premium CZ, keyboard Czech QWERTY,
Pharo1.0beta
Latest update: #10446. The useLocale setting is ON for enabled, OFF for
local.

I have tested another characters, which are in czech alphabet and haven't
found any problem. Any idea?

With regards

Martin

Re: Unable to type some czech characters

Stéphane Ducasse
I hope that mike will be around soon to reply to you
can you open a ticket on our bug archive at
        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list

Stef

On Sep 13, 2009, at 4:55 PM, Bc. Martin Zúber wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried to write some czech text in Pharo, but have found some
> problems
> with characters. Have anyone found similiar problem? Here is
> description of
> the situation:
>
> SMALL CAPS C CARON U+010D:
>    - when written directy (key "4") pharo writes EOL
>    - when typed using dead key CARON and then "c", the char si shown
> normally in editor
> SMALL CAPS E CARON U+011B:
>    - unable to write the char directly (key "2" or CARON+e)
>    - pressing two times the key "2" opens the menu "do it, print
> it..."
>
> All these chars can be typed in upper case using the dead key CARON
> and the
> char in upper case including upper E CARON.
>
> My environment: Windows Vista SP 1 Home Premium CZ, keyboard Czech
> QWERTY,
> Pharo1.0beta
> Latest update: #10446. The useLocale setting is ON for enabled, OFF
> for
> local.
>
> I have tested another characters, which are in czech alphabet and
> haven't
> found any problem. Any idea?
>
> With regards
>
> Martin

Re: Unable to type some czech characters

Martin Polák
This looks like Windows-related or Windows VM related problem. Here on
Mac OSX 10.5 works everything OK, even those chars, you mentioned.

Cheers,
Martin