Unable to update Glamour-Core

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

My image become unresponsive while making some debug, so I decided to
start fresh and reinstall Grafoscopio, but I have some problems, with
XML parser (so I disabled Soup temporarily) and with Glamour-Core, which
provides and important part of the Grafoscopio experience. I tried also
to install it from Monticello, without better results (to the version
Glamour-Core-TudorGirba339). In both cases I get "SubscriptOutOfBounds:
17808" and this is the trace I get with the "Report" button (sorry I
don't know other way to report):

https://pastebin.com/wWM24w01

I will try with Pharo 7... The procedure is the same that was working
just last week. I know the pains and advantages of having a dynamic
system that is evolving quickly... hopefully a more stable platform will
be there while the upcoming one is evolving.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Unable to update Glamour-Core

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
I have no luck either with Pharo 7. After enabling my ssh GitHub keys I
get all the time this error message:

'IceDuplicatedRepository: You already have an Iceberg repository
at
/home/offray/Programas/Pharo/7/pharo-local/iceberg/feenkcom/gtoolkit-examples

and with the same origin URL.

If you really whant create another one,
please locate it in a different directory.'

and installation stops.

At least this time updating errors are happening two days before the
actual workshop but is not the best ambassador experience for Pharo and
the people learning about it when the same install from previous week
just stops working this one.

:-/

What we need to create reliable installation procedures for Pharo
packages and its dependencies?

Cheers,

Offray

On 28/11/17 21:53, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My image become unresponsive while making some debug, so I decided to
> start fresh and reinstall Grafoscopio, but I have some problems, with
> XML parser (so I disabled Soup temporarily) and with Glamour-Core, which
> provides and important part of the Grafoscopio experience. I tried also
> to install it from Monticello, without better results (to the version
> Glamour-Core-TudorGirba339). In both cases I get "SubscriptOutOfBounds:
> 17808" and this is the trace I get with the "Report" button (sorry I
> don't know other way to report):
>
> https://pastebin.com/wWM24w01
>
> I will try with Pharo 7... The procedure is the same that was working
> just last week. I know the pains and advantages of having a dynamic
> system that is evolving quickly... hopefully a more stable platform will
> be there while the upcoming one is evolving.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray

Re: Unable to update Glamour-Core

Tudor Girba-2

I am not sure I understand your report. The Glamour-Core package is part of ConfigurationOfGlamourCore, and should not be updated separately.

What script are you using for loading ConfigurationOfGlamourCore?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Re: Unable to update Glamour-Core

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Hi,

I'm using the Roassal2 load script on Pharo 6.1 on Manjaro Gnu/Linux for 64 bits:

========

Gofer it
	    smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile' project: 'Roassal2';
	    configurationOf: 'Roassal2';
	    loadStable.

========

That is the one, I presume, is trying to load "Glamour-Core-TudorGirba339" and generating the reported error. The quickest way to reproduce the error would be trying to install Roassal2 on Pharo 6.1.

Cheers,

Offray

On 29/11/17 02:47, Tudor Girba wrote:
Hi,

[...]

I tried again with a Pharo 6.1 image Latest update: #60510 and now I got this error below. I will try the install procedure after a system update, to debug it.

Thanks,

Offray

On 29/11/17 12:15, Juraj Kubelka wrote:
[...]

Try to clean your cache with packages. I guess that you have Roassal2-akevalon.1718 package locally and this one is corrupted.

Juraj

On Nov 29, 2017, at 15:16, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I tried again with a Pharo 6.1 image Latest update: #60510 and now I got this error below. I will try the install procedure after a system update, to debug it.

Thanks,

Offray

<leobbnflbacbeglc.png>