Undeclared Class Name Spaces Behavior

Runar Jordahl
In my image I have two methods that refer to classes not yet loaded:

- In the first instance (left hand side of attached image), the method
points to a class without prefixing it. If I inspect the class name, a
"Declare x as variable" dialog is shown. In addition, the
not-yet-loaded class shows up in "Undeclared" (Browse -> Inspect ->
Undeclared).

- In the other instance (right hand side of attached image), the
method points to a class with name space prefixes. When inspecting the
class name, a "correction" dialog is shown. In this case, the class
does not show up in "Undeclared".

The image was loaded from Store without any manual intervention, so
the references were both handled by Store load code.

We monitor "Undeclared" to make sure we do not refer code not loaded.
However, after seeing this I fear we easily miss some of these
references.

Is this behaviour a bug? If it is not, how can I find the missing
references with name space prefixes?

Runar

Undeclared.png (98K) Download Attachment

Re: Undeclared Class Name Spaces Behavior

Reinout Heeck

> We monitor "Undeclared" to make sure we do not refer code not loaded.
> However, after seeing this I fear we easily miss some of these
> references.

I can confirm that, ever since namespaces were introduced Undeclared
stopped working as we were used to.

> Is this behaviour a bug? If it is not, how can I find the missing
> references with name space prefixes?

Use the code critic. We run it at the end of our build to report on
several kinds of bugs, it works for those "missing undeclareds" as well.

-

Re: Undeclared Class Name Spaces Behavior

Alan Knight-2
Thanks. We did already have an AR for this 50286, but I've increased its priority and appended these mails.