Undefined symbol using Exupery VM

Damien Cassou
While using Monticello :

ioFindExternalFunctionIn(primitiveResolverHostNameSize, 0x89bc1b0):
  /usr/local/lib/squeak/exupery-0.15/SocketPlugin/.libs/SocketPlugin:
undefined symbol: primitiveResolverHostNameSize

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: Undefined symbol using Exupery VM

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
While using Monticello :

ioFindExternalFunctionIn(primitiveResolverHostNameSize, 0x89bc1b0):
 /usr/local/lib/squeak/exupery-0.15/SocketPlugin/.libs/SocketPlugin:
undefined symbol: primitiveResolverHostNameSize

The other day I had the same problem using exupery in ubuntu. I was trying to download something from Monticello. I think It was FFI.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: Undefined symbol using Exupery VM

Bryce Kampjes
On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 19:22 -0100, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Damien Cassou
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         While using Monticello :
>
>         ioFindExternalFunctionIn(primitiveResolverHostNameSize,
>         0x89bc1b0):
>          /usr/local/lib/squeak/exupery-0.15/SocketPlugin/.libs/SocketPlugin:
>         undefined symbol: primitiveResolverHostNameSize
>
> The other day I had the same problem using exupery in ubuntu. I was
> trying to download something from Monticello. I think It was FFI.

I've added this to my list of known issues with the VM. It's odd that I
haven't seen it myself as I do use Monticello and these have been my
normal VMs for the last few years.

Bryce

Re: Undefined symbol using Exupery VM

Damien Cassou
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Bryce Kampjes
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've added this to my list of known issues with the VM. It's odd that I
> haven't seen it myself as I do use Monticello and these have been my
> normal VMs for the last few years.

I've just reproduced it again while building the dev-images. It only
affects Pharo.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've added this to my list of known issues with the VM. It's odd that I
> haven't seen it myself as I do use Monticello and these have been my
> normal VMs for the last few years.

To reproduce drag&drop the attached script and choose File in.

installScript.st (3K) Download Attachment

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 15:00 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Bryce Kampjes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've added this to my list of known issues with the VM. It's odd that I
> > haven't seen it myself as I do use Monticello and these have been my
> > normal VMs for the last few years.
>
> To reproduce drag&drop the attached script and choose File in.

I can reproduce this, I'll try to investigate over the next few days.

Bryce

Re: Undefined symbol using Exupery VM

Bryce Kampjes
On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 15:00 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Bryce Kampjes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've added this to my list of known issues with the VM. It's odd that I
> > haven't seen it myself as I do use Monticello and these have been my
> > normal VMs for the last few years.
>
> To reproduce drag&drop the attached script and choose File in.

OK, I know whats wrong, the VMMaker I merged from was from February, the
latest when I assembled that image. The primitive you're using was
introduced in a version from 28 March. It's an IP6 primitive that looks
like it's been around for a few years but not in the official source.

I'll try to get a new Linux VM out in the next week.

Bryce

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Bryce Kampjes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 15:00 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Bryce Kampjes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've added this to my list of known issues with the VM. It's odd that I
> > haven't seen it myself as I do use Monticello and these have been my
> > normal VMs for the last few years.
>
> To reproduce drag&drop the attached script and choose File in.

OK, I know whats wrong, the VMMaker I merged from was from February, the
latest when I assembled that image. The primitive you're using was
introduced in a version from 28 March. It's an IP6 primitive that looks
like it's been around for a few years but not in the official source.

I'll try to get a new Linux VM out in the next week.

Excellent. Let me know and I can test it :)

Bryce

Re: Undefined symbol using Exupery VM

Damien Cassou
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Bryce Kampjes
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> OK, I know whats wrong, the VMMaker I merged from was from February, the
> latest when I assembled that image. The primitive you're using was
> introduced in a version from 28 March. It's an IP6 primitive that looks
> like it's been around for a few years but not in the official source.
>
> I'll try to get a new Linux VM out in the next week.

Thank you Bryce. We need you to have a working and recent VM, thank
you very much.

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 14:10 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Bryce Kampjes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > OK, I know whats wrong, the VMMaker I merged from was from February, the
> > latest when I assembled that image. The primitive you're using was
> > introduced in a version from 28 March. It's an IP6 primitive that looks
> > like it's been around for a few years but not in the official source.
> >
> > I'll try to get a new Linux VM out in the next week.
>
> Thank you Bryce. We need you to have a working and recent VM, thank
> you very much.

Here's a VM that should have the IP6 primitives in it:

  http://ftp.squeak.org/Exupery/vms/exupery-vm-0.15.1-linux.tz

It's also got a VMMaker fix for alpha channel bitlblts. Not sure if
that's the entire fix needed. I'll rebuild again using latest C sources
in a few weeks.

Bryce

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Bryce Kampjes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 14:10 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Bryce Kampjes
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > OK, I know whats wrong, the VMMaker I merged from was from February, the
> > latest when I assembled that image. The primitive you're using was
> > introduced in a version from 28 March. It's an IP6 primitive that looks
> > like it's been around for a few years but not in the official source.
> >
> > I'll try to get a new Linux VM out in the next week.
>
> Thank you Bryce. We need you to have a working and recent VM, thank
> you very much.

Here's a VM that should have the IP6 primitives in it:

 http://ftp.squeak.org/Exupery/vms/exupery-vm-0.15.1-linux.tz

Excellent!!! This works perfect here.

It's also got a VMMaker fix for alpha channel bitlblts. Not sure if
that's the entire fix needed. I'll rebuild again using latest C sources
in a few weeks.

I don't know what bitbtls is neither how to test it :(

Thanks for the help bryce.

Mariano

Bryce

Re: Undefined symbol using Exupery VM

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 08:58:35PM +0100, Bryce Kampjes wrote:

> Here's a VM that should have the IP6 primitives in it:
>
>   http://ftp.squeak.org/Exupery/vms/exupery-vm-0.15.1-linux.tz
>
> It's also got a VMMaker fix for alpha channel bitlblts. Not sure if
> that's the entire fix needed. I'll rebuild again using latest C sources
> in a few weeks.
>
> Bryce

Hi Bryce,

FYI, the Mantis 7327 BitBlt fix does not require any platform support
updates. It's a change to methods in BitBltSimulation, and should be
nothing to worry about with respect to the Exupery VM you are releasing.

Dave

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Bryce Kampjes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Here's a VM that should have the IP6 primitives in it:
>
>  http://ftp.squeak.org/Exupery/vms/exupery-vm-0.15.1-linux.tz
>
> It's also got a VMMaker fix for alpha channel bitlblts. Not sure if
> that's the entire fix needed. I'll rebuild again using latest C sources
> in a few weeks.

Thank you Bryce