UndefinedClasses as first class entities for P7

UndefinedClasses as first class entities for P7

Torsten Bergmann
At ESUG 207 there was a presentation about UndefinedClasses as first class entities.

According to the slides:

https://de.slideshare.net/esug/firstclass-undefined-classes-for-pharo-from-alternative-designs-to-a-unified-practical-solution

this was planned for inclusion into Pharo 7.

Is this still on the plate? Any status?

Thanks
T.

Re: UndefinedClasses as first class entities for P7

EstebanLM
We didn't have the time to work on it.
It is still part of the roadmap (since we need it to dream with a nice module system), but it will probably arrive in P8.

Esteban

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 4:51 PM Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
At ESUG 207 there was a presentation about UndefinedClasses as first class entities.

According to the slides:

https://de.slideshare.net/esug/firstclass-undefined-classes-for-pharo-from-alternative-designs-to-a-unified-practical-solution

this was planned for inclusion into Pharo 7.

Is this still on the plate? Any status?

Thanks
T.

Re: UndefinedClasses as first class entities for P7

Guillermo Polito
Well it's just a matter of stability, we were too concentrated with other stuff.
But I fear that this would be a too disrupting change to apply now in Pharo 7...

We were thinking that our focus before the release should be:
 - fix the important bugs out there (so, everybody, please raise/report your issues :))
 - iterate on Calypso a bit more so we fix some usability glitches

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: UndefinedClasses as first class entities for P7

Tim Mackinnon
Kind of related - we did get the ability to save methods with undefined classes and undeclared variables (vs having to correct this to save). So at least a nod to that?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 11:07 PM Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kind of related - we did get the ability to save methods with undefined classes and undeclared variables (vs having to correct this to save). So at least a nod to that?

Yes, I was following your progress there :)
And since you have practical experience with this in excercism, It would be ***really lovely*** if you can check our paper/code and give us some feedback.