UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #wait

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #wait

Uko2
Sometimes when I save image I get this error:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #wait
[
event wait.
processSynchronizationDelay wait. "Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
self changed: #childProcessStatus ] in [
[
event wait.
processSynchronizationDelay wait. "Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
self changed: #childProcessStatus ] repeat ] in UnixOSProcessAccessor>>grimReaperProcess in Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>repeat
[
[
event wait.
processSynchronizationDelay wait. "Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
self changed: #childProcessStatus ] repeat ] in UnixOSProcessAccessor>>grimReaperProcess in Block: [ ...
[
self value.
Processor terminateActive ] in BlockClosure>>newProcess in Block: [ ...

Is it a known problem?

Uko

Re: UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #wait

David T. Lewis
On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:42:24AM +0200, Yuriy Tymchuk wrote:

> Sometimes when I save image I get this error:
>

> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #wait
> [
> event wait.
> processSynchronizationDelay wait. "Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
> self changed: #childProcessStatus ] in [
> [
> event wait.
> processSynchronizationDelay wait. "Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
> self changed: #childProcessStatus ] repeat ] in UnixOSProcessAccessor>>grimReaperProcess in Block: [ ...
> BlockClosure>>repeat
> [
> [
> event wait.
> processSynchronizationDelay wait. "Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
> self changed: #childProcessStatus ] repeat ] in UnixOSProcessAccessor>>grimReaperProcess in Block: [ ...
> [
> self value.
> Processor terminateActive ] in BlockClosure>>newProcess in Block: [ ...
>

> Is it a known problem?

Hi Uko,

I have not seen this before, but I can say that the error is coming from
OSProcess. OSProcess uses a background process that wakes up when a child
OS process (that was started earlier by OSProcess) has exited.

I do not know the reason for the failure that you are seeing, but I am
guessing that it may be somehow related to image shutdown and startup processing
when you save the image.

Dave