UndefinedObject>>doIt at line 1: constant expected

UndefinedObject>>doIt at line 1: constant expected

Janko Mivšek
Dear Dolphiners,

I'm not able to find a reason of that error:

        Error: UndefinedObject>>doIt at line 1: constant expected

which is shown in Transcript, when you load AidaWeb package:

        (ftp://ftp.eranova.si/aida/aida-5.0-dolphin-alpha3.zip).

It seems that Aida works fine even with this error. But it would be nice
to get rid of that line in transcript :)

Thank you for any help
Janko

Re: UndefinedObject>>doIt at line 1: constant expected

Ian Bartholomew-21
Janko,

> It seems that Aida works fine even with this error. But it would be nice
> to get rid of that line in transcript :)

The notification is appearing because you have a method named != in the
HtmlRender class.  The ! character causes a bit of confusion (in the method
category chunk) when the package is loaded as it is also used to separate
chunks in the file.

Dolphin does allow you to use ! in selector names so I would guess it's a
problem with the package save process.  You can get round it by manually
editing the pac file to double up the !  i.e. change the line in AIDA
support.pac

!HtmlRender categoriesFor: #!=!public! !

to read

!HtmlRender categoriesFor: #!!=!public! !

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).

Re: UndefinedObject>>doIt at line 1: constant expected

Janko Mivšek
Ian it works! I changed that method to |=.

Thank you and best regards
Janko