classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Underscores: clarifiation/thanks

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

I was thinking a little more about our correspondence earlier today and recalled something that appears to be correct.

Stef wrote:
"Sure. So far I do not know. I imagine that if you really want this to happen so you propose some code. As you see in the bugTracker we put _ in selector for 1.1"

So that puts a partial solution plan in place for 1.1 instead of 2.0 as the original AST integrtion, which is real progress from my perspective.

I see it!!  There has been a long-standing patch that allows _ in selectors in any but the first position of a selector.  Even that would be a help, it would be better still to allow them in all locations and of course in class names too.   However, I will take what I can get, and am thrilled to see it on the agenda in any way prior to 2.0.  I will help if I can, but doubt I am enough of a parser expert to be of real help, because it needs to be done solidly.

It might also be that I can get the hack to work and start relying on it, knowing that I will stop being an rogue by 1.1.

Thanks!!!

Bill