Underscores in 1.1??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

Is 1.1 able to handle underscores in method *and* class names?  Is this really behind us now?

Bill

Re: Underscores in 1.1??

Lukas Renggli
> Is 1.1 able to handle underscores in method *and* class names?  Is this really behind us now?

Yes, all identifiers support underscore characters everywhere. Also
temporary and instance variables. And also in the refactoring engine.

The only problem I just noticed in the editor is that double clicking
on a variable with a underscore does not change the selection
correctly.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Underscores in 1.1??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
THANKS!!!!! to all involved in getting this done.

> Is 1.1 able to handle underscores in method *and* class names?  Is this really behind us now?

Yes, all identifiers support underscore characters everywhere. Also
temporary and instance variables. And also in the refactoring engine.

The only problem I just noticed in the editor is that double clicking
on a variable with a underscore does not change the selection
correctly.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Underscores in 1.1??

Stéphane Ducasse
Don't overuse that :)

We do not like print_on_ ( ...)
;D
Stef

On Jul 25, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> THANKS!!!!! to all involved in getting this done.

Re: Underscores in 1.1??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

No worries there.  The value of underscores is for external interfacing: names map (more or less) directly and there are few if any concerns about whether removing the underscores resulted in two otherwise distinct names colliding.  Like I said: THANKS!!!!!

Bill