Understanding of new Eliot Closures

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi! I am trying to make Glorp work on Pharo, and I having some problems. In squeak I inspect [] and I see I have a BlockContext object. In latest Pharo, I get a BlockClosure. I guess this is about Eliot changes ?

Now, Glorp has 5 methods extension in BlockContext. I saw BlockContext and BlockClosure and they have no hierarchy in common. So, if I want Glorp to work in squeak and pharo I must copy all that 5 methods from BlockContext to BlockClosure? is there a better solution ? I tried the first one and seems to work ok but I don't know if it is correct.

Thanks in advance,

Mariano

Re: Understanding of new Eliot Closures

Eagle Offshore
I think copying the methods from BlockContext to BlockClosure is the
correct course.

-Todd Blanchard

On May 18, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi! I am trying to make Glorp work on Pharo, and I having some
> problems. In squeak I inspect [] and I see I have a BlockContext
> object. In latest Pharo, I get a BlockClosure. I guess this is about
> Eliot changes ?
>
> Now, Glorp has 5 methods extension in BlockContext. I saw
> BlockContext and BlockClosure and they have no hierarchy in common.
> So, if I want Glorp to work in squeak and pharo I must copy all that
> 5 methods from BlockContext to BlockClosure? is there a better
> solution ? I tried the first one and seems to work ok but I don't
> know if it is correct.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mariano

Re: Understanding of new Eliot Closures