Unhandled exception: Import error: unknwon EMOF class 'FAMIX.Module'.

Unhandled exception: Import error: unknwon EMOF class 'FAMIX.Module'.

Andrew Clark
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't find a moose-user list. I'm trying to set up Code City to see a physical representation of our classes. When I use InFusion to export the MSE (3.0) file, it writes this excerpt:

(FAMIX.Module (id: 2)
(parentPackage (ref: 5))
(name '_unknown_file')
)

Does anyone know what the bold text should read?

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Unhandled exception: Import error: unknwon EMOF class 'FAMIX.Module'.

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Andrew,

On 17 Nov 2011, at 23:12, Andrew Clark wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't find a moose-user list.

This is the right place.

> I'm trying to set up Code City to see a physical representation of our classes. When I use InFusion to export the MSE (3.0) file, it writes this excerpt:
>
> (FAMIX.Module (id: 2)
> (parentPackage (ref: 5))
> (name '_unknown_file')
> )
>
> Does anyone know what the bold text should read?

I do not understand the question. It says simply that by default inFamix exports a Module entity that is unknown.

In any case, you will not be able to load the MSE with FAMIX 3.0 exported by inFamix into Moose 3.2 (on top of which CodeCity runs) because of two reasons:
- the MSE format changed slightly
- the FAMIX meta-model changed significantly

So, you would need an exporter of FAMIX 2.1 in the old MSE format, or at least a converter.

Cheers,
Doru

> Thanks,
> Andrew

www.tudorgirba.com

"When people care, great things can happen."